Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New g series manual  (Read 2533 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
New g series manual
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »

I found that heatmaster put out a new operators manual. The info includes how to edit the high/low operating temps, idle times and low temp shut down. I don't have my g series hooked up to power at the moment to try and check out the edit screens so I was wondering if this info applies to the 2015 models too? I thought that some kind of chip was required to change this stuff. I might like to bump mine to 185. That would help a little with some warmer temps coming out of my water to water then to the w/a hx, although last year seemed ok. I would reallllly like to bump the low temp shut down up to 150 or so though because currently when it shuts down at 120 the boiler has zero and coals left.

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
Re: New g series manual
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

Comparing the old wiring schematic to the it is obviously drastically different. Can slimjim shed some light on controller changes?

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:41:22 AM »

Just went and popped the cover off my 2015 G400, nothing as straight forward as they show in the new manual, which can be found here:

http://www.heatmasterss.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/1327-G-Series-Owners-Manual-web.pdf

It’s on the next to last page of the PDF.

My distributor said something about needing to do updates, never said what they were though.

Looks like the new diagrams include a recirculation pump circuit complete with switch.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:56:57 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:10:47 AM »

I also noticed that on the diagram. The part numbers for the Siemens control on each diagram have different numbers too. Slimjim did say that updates are coming but I doubt that includes updates to the controller. Slimjim had said something about a passcode chip needed to change stuff. Maybe now that they have decided it's ok to change hose parameters they will allow us to have the chip for the 2015 controllers.

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:34:40 AM »

So looking at the diagram side by side the main controller is. Ba8 instead of a ba6 now. Looks like all the same inputs and outputs so I don't know what the difference is. Also the part number for the 24v converter changed. Inputs outputs are the same but the Sam but they only use one set of outputs to power all 24 volt items. looks like they dropper board ba1 and use output 03on the main controller to do that work instead.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 04:54:12 AM »

I'm at the Lancaster fair! We will have a look at it when I finally get there, I have the chips if we need them.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.