Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: hot pump  (Read 1757 times)

sabercat

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
hot pump
« on: August 28, 2016, 07:45:19 PM »

I was checking out my wood stove today, and noticed the water temp said 68 (its off) but the pump felt really hot to the touch. So I had a replacement motor part, figuring that was the problem, after all its 15 years old, and ran just about every day, but after a bit the new pump motor was ho also. So I got my infrared temp gauge, and it said 135 degrees, and the pipe to and after said roughly 68 to 72. I have never noticed this before, so I was wondering any one had a infrared  gauge if they could take a temp for me, right on the big part of the motor, armature area. Thanks

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: hot pump
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:42:19 PM »

Is the water flowing properly?

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »

Is the water flowing properly?

Not sure, I had a little water leak out, when I took the guts out of the pump. I had the water shut off before and after while doing the change. I turned them open. I think tonight I'll pull it off and turn the valves on to see the flow. Thanks

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »

If you start closing a valve you should be able to hear the water.

What model pump do you have? I would get a kill-a-watt meter and see if it is using the right amount of power. I don't run pumps when the water is cold so never checked pump temp but they do run a little hotter than water temperature normally.

sabercat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »

If you start closing a valve you should be able to hear the water.

What model pump do you have? I would get a kill-a-watt meter and see if it is using the right amount of power. I don't run pumps when the water is cold so never checked pump temp but they do run a little hotter than water temperature normally.

Its red, may be a groundfos. Ya something's not right, I'll pull it tonight see whats going on, and check the power.