Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: rewire a 2002 empyre 250  (Read 1709 times)

bugnut30

• OWF Brand: empyre 250
  • OWF Model: cpw 250
    • View Profile
rewire a 2002 empyre 250
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »

Hi I bought a empyre boiler 250 the wiring was burnt and I have to rewire it.  I can't find any diagrams on the net any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: rewire a 2002 empyre 250
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 01:57:25 AM »

They really are pretty simple, I used to have trouble with wiring myself until one day a buddy told me to disregard the neutral and ground then follow the hot wires, neutrals all go to neutrals and grounds go to grounds. Start by bringing the hot in to a service switch, from there take it to the hot on the aqua stat. All power consuming devices will require a neutral leg as well. The power then comes from the normally open terminal on the aqua stat over to the solenoid and blower motor in parralel. Some aqua stats will require a jumper to be placed from the hot incoming over to the common terminal on the outbound side as they are isolated from the incoming line voltage. Do you need a new aqua stat as well? If so it will have a diagram in the box of how it should be wired.
For any of you guys that wire your own stuff, here is a suggestion that helps the next time the box needs to be opened up for trouble shooting purposes, start with all your grounds, tie them all together and push them into the box. Then do the same for all your neutrals and then your hots, this allows easy access to the important wire, the hot, without digging all the other stuff out, don't do as most manufacturers do and cut short to save wire, leave a tail at least 6 inches long!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.