Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello Does anyone operate a Wood Doctor WDGS-70  (Read 1534 times)

Dick at Texada

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: WGGS-70
    • View Profile
Hello Does anyone operate a Wood Doctor WDGS-70
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »

Hello  I have installed a Wood Doctor WDGS-70 this past summer, it was new and been stored for 4 or 5 years.  The manual that came with it is not much help.  I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the bi-pass air line is for that bi-passes the air going to the cooking chamber and lets the air directly into the gasifacation chamber.  It has a 1 1/4 ball valve to control the amount of air that you let in. 
Thanks
Dick

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Does anyone operate a Wood Doctor WDGS-70
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »

Morning, I have been running a 8000 Wood Doctor for 10 years. I have no bypass on mine. Sounds like a newer model. I will try to cut and paste a site for you to check out.http://www.noutilitybills.com/OldProducts/WD/WDDiscontinued.html 
Hope this works.

Dick at Texada

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: WGGS-70
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Does anyone operate a Wood Doctor WDGS-70
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »

Morning, I have been running a 8000 Wood Doctor for 10 years. I have no bypass on mine. Sounds like a newer model. I will try to cut and paste a site for you to check out.http://www.noutilitybills.com/OldProducts/WD/WDDiscontinued.html 
Hope this works.
Thanks, I had seen that site, but not much help.  Seems to work best closed and all the air goes through the cooking oven.  It is heating my home and domestic hot water good, but thinking I might be burning more wood than needed.  Would be good to talk with someone that runs this unit.