Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Natures Comfort vs. Central Boiler  (Read 12481 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Natures Comfort vs. Central Boiler
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »

I'm pretty hard to offend, none taken, we do have a bigger model, have you looked at it? Chip boiler?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

RSI, the NCB-400G doesn't look like it's been on the market long. Got any real world experience with it and / or feedback about it? It looks like it's just got a 10" taller fire box and larger water tank capacity than the NCB-325G. Are there any other differences? Thanks
Yeah, it is a new model this year. It is pretty much just a taller version of the 325G.

brownitsdown

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »

Follow up: I bought the NCB-400G from RSI and installed it in November. It's a beast with a veracious appetite, but I couldn't be happier with it. RSI sold me some 5 ply wrapped / insulated pex lines with it that are the bees knees. I only have a couple of degrees temp drop in a 150' underground run. I've read about people having snow melt on top of pex buried 30+ inches underground and I don't know what product they bought, but I've got a short segment of mine that pops out of the ground to run into the house and snow sits directly on top of the external corrugated tile shell without melting.

After feeding the beast and watching smoke roll out of the chimney, then turning around to see no exhaust coming our of my gas boiler stack, gives me a big ol' smile to start my every morning.

We just got hit with 8+ inches of snow and a couple days worth of an arctic blast, and you wouldn't know it inside the house. I am super pleased with my purchase.

Thank you Nature's Comfort and thank you RSI!!!

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »

:post:
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 08:16:31 PM »

Hey Brown,

Russ in Des Moines here.  How long can you go between loading it?  Congrats on the purchase too.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

brownitsdown

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »

Sorry, It's been a while since I've checked this Site. If I'm heating my garage too, and the temps are below freezing, I have to fully load the boiler twice a day, (morning & evening). At the same temps, if I close or nearly close down the garage zone, I still load it twice a day, but each time it's only about half of a load instead of a full load each time. I was having some initial problems with my aquastat not triggering the blower, so when it began working, I had left the temp differential set at 5 degrees from before while I was trouble shooting it. A few days later, while inspecting everything to see why it was burning SO much wood and having really short burn times, I discovered what I had done and set it back to a 15 degrees, per the instructions. This decreased the wood consumption by quite a bit. I had a little bit of a learning curve, but I think that I've got it figured out now.

One of the 8 zones, (within the original structure), doesn't currently have an automatic zone valve on it. It has a thermostat, and wires that run into my water closet, but no zone valve. How silly is that... Anyway, as the seasons change and we turn the heat off for the year, I plan on installing one. Then we'll have thermostatic controlled zone valves on 7 of the 8 zones and my wood consumption should go down even more. I tentatively plan on installing a thermostat and zone valve inside my garage to operate the garage zone too, after I get the construction materials and tools moved out and I start spending more time in there working on my hobbies. My garage zone is controlled via a manual ball valve currently and it's tough to get a constant inside temp as the outside temps change.

I'm extremely happy with my choice to install a wood burning boiler! The propane bill would have broke the bank...
Pages: 1 [2]