Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Boiler Install  (Read 4352 times)

mikenc

• View Profile
Boiler Install
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »

Friend of mine is planning to install Wood Master boiler in a month or so. His planned location is approximately 10 to 15 feet below hot water coil location. Does anyone have one installed this much lower than there coil? Do you think this type installation will give problems?

eco-extend

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Boiler Install
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »

just make sure he puts air bleaders on the high side of the radiator. might have to put a bigger pump on also some pumps have a low head preasure and will not pump that far above stove height

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »

If the pump was at the stove, it would have all the head it needs. 

eco-extend

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:59 PM »

SEE WHAT SIZE PUMP IT IS AND LOOK IT UP ON  THE PUMP WEB SITE AND SEE WHAT HEAD PRESURE IT WILL HANDLE. OPPS SORY FOR CAP LOCK

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »

From info I have he is planning on using 20 plate HX for DHW with Taco 0011 pump. Not sure what size HWC, will have to be large enough to heat 2800 sq. ft. Lines will be around 140ft underground. Pump will be at OWB. I Will check head for that pump.
Not sure how wood master stove is made. Do you think if pump shuts down he may have a problem with water from system draining back to boiler and overfilling.

eco-extend

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »

yes he will have a problem if it is a open system if you had a closed system you would not have that problem.put a 20 or 30 plate at your funace and you will not have that problem cause your  line to the house would be under preasure and all problems solved...

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

install check valves

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:08:57 AM »

We install furnaces like this all the time. You should have no problems once you fill the lines with water. Make sure you put a fill line in the house and back fill the furnace.  when you are filling the furnace take turns closing the valves on each side of the loop, this will use your water pump to force all the air out of the system. When the furnace is full turn the Taco 0011 pump on and you should have no problems. A one inch 20 plate should do fine so long as you are using one inch line from the furnace. Happy burning!
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »

i   would think 1 ck valve located after pump on furnace would do it .if pump is off , the entry line to hx that is full of water will vacuum lock  out side of water flow .each manufacturer of hx have ft/head figures and lenght / dia pipe must be figured to

markc

• Training Wheels
  • coalman 400,000 stoker,coal,pellets,biomass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »

i have a system  that is 24 ft higher than my boiler and 275 ft away to eliminate any of the same problems your worried about i used a pressurized system and one non press pump just for the stove loop and two press pumps for the house and shop my wasser pumps have check valves built in make sure your pump can handle the head at the gpm you need, put a air scoop and  an auto vent,this was more expensive but i have not had any problems,the press of the water being up higher than the boiler will induce a load of  about 1/2 a psi for every foot higher than the boiler is so if your 15 foot you will have aprox 7psi of load(on the water tank of the boiler which could actualy cause failure of the system ,split the tank once its heated up )  from the head of water
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:56:23 PM by markc »
markc. coalman 400,000 stoker boiler
once you burnt black you never go back
http://www.outdoorstokerboilersofky.com/

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »

Thanks for replies an suggestions.  I have told Danny about this sight so mabe he will take time to read And get some ideas. Lots of info can be found hear.