Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wiring High Limit  (Read 2529 times)

mikenc

• View Profile
Wiring High Limit
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

I want to install a high limit on my OWB. I Have a  Honeywell aquastat for temperature control now. Should you go line to Honeywell temp control then from temperature control to new  high limit then from high limit to fan and solenoid? 

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring High Limit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »

my home made is wired from a normal light switch black to switch. then black in to high limit, black out to aquastat, black out from aquastat to junction box for fan and solenoid the blacks are all wire nutted together, the white that went into the light switch comes to this junction box and all whites are wire nutted together hear as well.

Turn the light switch off, no power to anything turn it on and power is in a string to everything but if something sticks or fails and water gets to 190, high limit cuts power to everything beyond it. high limit re-sets at 150 and off she goes again

Not sure how those fancy stoves do everything with a circuit board but the way i have mine has been dong fine for over ten years
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mikenc

• View Profile
Re: Wiring High Limit
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »

Thanks Willie if it works on yours that way should work for me as well. I was thinking of going to aquastat first then to high limit but if yours has worked for 10 years that way i think mine will work to. I think your way really makes more sense, that way if high limit trips no power to anything. I installed well Friday for sensor, hope to make changes tomorrower. Ordered  one of the Ranco aquastats and plan on using it for operating control and using existing Honeywell as high limit.