Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which outdoor furnace should we buy?  (Read 4848 times)

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
Re: Which outdoor furnace should we buy?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »

That's one mans opinion, here is my real life experience: I have 2 full winter heating seasons on my Eclassic 2400 gasser, after 7 years burning a CB Classic standard model. I switched to the gasser for the wood savings and I'm not disappointed. I do live in a northern climate and am not in a state requiring EPA Phase 2 units. Every heating situation will vary in wood usage, the only way you can compare is burning both models on the same application which I have done. You can't compare what you burn for your house and compare it against what a neighbor burns.  I normally burned around 11 full cords per season in the Classic and cut down to 6 cords my first season with the Eclassic and only 4 1/2 cords during the past very mild winter.  I rarely see more than heat wavers coming out of the stack.  I am not getting any younger and saving on my time and back has value to me. I believe in working smarter not harder. I went with the Central Boiler E-Classic 2400 after great satisfaction with my Classic and they have led the way in EPA Phase 2 qualified units and technology.
Pages: 1 [2]