Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:10:19 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by E Yoder
Hydraulic cement works well for sealing where we come through basement walls.

We rarely go deeper than 24" unless there's heavy traffic on top. It's circulating insulated piping, not like a well line. And I doubt you're much colder where you're at than western VA as we're higher elevation.

Edit: We're USDA zone 6a, southern Indiana is 6b, so very similar.

on: Today at 08:26:01 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by E Yoder
I agree , keep the chimney as short as possible.
Does the EGR250 have anything you need to access on the sides? Cleanouts,  controls, etc.

on: Today at 06:43:42 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by morfem
A few questions regarding the installation of Logstor pipe or any other insulated pex for that matter.

I will be making 2 runs. One from OWB to the house and one from the OWB to the shop.

The one to the house will be going through the basement block wall strait in so I wouldn't have to add any length for the bends.

The one going to the shop will have to be bent up 90 deg along with the 2 going into the back of the OWB and the one going to the shop.

1- How much pipe do you recommend sticking inside the basement wall?

2-Is there a good way to seal up the pipe going through a block wall? Do they make any fittings or do I just seal it up with caulk?

3 - How much needs to be sticking up where the OWB is set?

4- How much length to add for each 90 deg bend up?

5 - How deep to bury pipe?

I do not want to cut my self short on ordering enough pipe but yet I do not want to be throwing a bunch away since it is so expensive.

Any other suggestions or pitfalls to watch out for?

on: Today at 06:38:28 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by mlappin
Far as the pipe, keep it as short as possible, gasifiers run cool enough on the exhaust that even with double wall insulated pipe condensation and buildup can be a problem. Straight shot if possible, use 30ís if a straight shot isnít possible.

on: Today at 06:29:35 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by morfem
Does anybody have any suggestions on the clearances needed to get to the sides of and EGR 250?

I am looking at putting it in a 3 sided building with the open side being the front of the OWB and a wall to the RH side of it. I will be stacking wood to the left side in the same building.

The manual calls for 18" on LH and RH side and 60" for front and back. Seems a little tight on the sides.....

Also is there any problem with adding more exhaust pipe to get out through the roof? How high above the roof would I need to extend it?

on: June 25, 2017, 08:08:08 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by aarmga
Curious, why would you say ( not for long )?

Sorry wasn't meant like that.  Meant the name hasn't been on the stoves for long

on: June 24, 2017, 04:44:15 AM 
Started by morfem - Last post by slimjim
Curious, why would you say ( not for long )?

on: June 23, 2017, 07:16:08 PM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by MattyNH
ever thought about building a pole shed? Just curious..I did the whole pallet and tarp thing..Got sick of it..

on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:37 AM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by E Yoder
Yeah, internet is great, but... .
Sometimes I need to drop it and just go work with my hands. My pipe wrench and crimper always work...

on: June 23, 2017, 04:04:40 AM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by coolidge
Tried explaining but internet shut me down yesterday.

It was the " perfect storm" yesterday for me and technology.

Had a meeting with customer at there shop, they couldn't get there computers to work. Waisted 3 hours.
Stopped to get non ethanol fuel for outdoor power equipment, credit card only, pumped fuel, woman came out said machine didn't read cc. Leave fuel there, go get green stamps. Waisted 45 min.

Tried paying the guys, internet, wireless not working. Wait for a technician 2 hrs

Stop to pick up daughters contacts, computers not working. Waited 20 min in line for them to tell me that.

Am going to try to get some crap done today, but if it starts again I am grabbing my chainsaw and heading into the woods.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10