Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help with an Aqua 2 furnace  (Read 9142 times)

stever09

• OWF Brand: Aqua 2
  • OWF Model: water stove
    • View Profile
Help with an Aqua 2 furnace
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:23:24 PM »

Hello all, I have an Aqua 2 stove I rescued out of an old barn and I am trying to get some information or instructions on this unit. The mfg is long gone and there seems to be little info anywhere on the web. I want to install this after I do some rehabbing and pressure testing but the amount of ports on the back has me a bit confused. I've attached pics of the front,  back and top and wonder if anyone out there has this model and can shed some light on the plumbing configuration. There are 3 ports on the top, one has a temp probe, the center has a cut piece of 3/4 copper and the third is open. any ideas? 

Thanks,
Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Help with an Aqua 2 furnace
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »

There is a good chance it has a DHW coil in it. It would probably be 2 ports at the top for it.

j7lamb

• OWF Brand: aqua 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

That stove is a 500 gallon open boiler just like a central boiler just doesent have todays features like air control.. i have one in use right now it heats 4000 sf good just keep the wood to it there are a lot of hook ups on the back but u only need a upper and a lower hook up. unless you are heating 2 houses and a swimming pool. but great stove tho............

MrDan27611

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: ML42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

As already stated, it should have a DHW coil. They would be the two inside top ports. There are many ports open to the tank, both on the front and the rear. If you can use pressurized air, you can inject each port and see if the air blows out of tank ports or just one port. That's the way we checked ours. I have the manual on the Aqua II. The manual doesn't match the port configuration so you really just have to test to find how your's is configured.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

j7lamb

• OWF Brand: aqua 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

the dhw coil im not sure of it i dont have a manual.... the front has 2 valves that fit a glass tube to check water level one on right side and one on left side... and a temp guage and in the back on the right side looking at it its got 2 copper pipes running out of it i have no clue what hooks to them or what they are..  the top has 3 outlets one is vented to the side for overflow and the other 2 are caped off..i bought stove used you wouldent happen to know the year made or the msrp sale price by chance...thanks

Dave S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »

I have this unit   The DHW coil is on the left

BTW  I know this is an old topic, but I too am chasing down info on Aqua 2's  I would love to find a manual
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:02:31 PM by Dave S »

jlt5250

• OWF Model: 500
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:23 AM »

I have an Aqua 2. Model 500. I have the manual. What information are you looking for? Does anyone know how many BTU's the stove is? It doesn't say in the manual. I want to buy a new stove, so I would like to know what size to get.

ben79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Aqua II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 12:39:29 AM »

I just picked up an old Aqua 2 Model 500 water stove yesterday and I am looking for any additional information on it that I can find.  The unit I have was built in 1985 and it has a backup oil burner on the back side of it.  Does anyone still have one of these in operation?  Any tips on running it or proper setup?

Thanks!

Mills River, NC

ozarkwoodstoveman

• OWF Brand: ozarkbiomass
  • OWF Model: gasconade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »

Hello I know where to get the cast iron grates for the aqua 2, I myself would like to know a little more about those stoves myself, like what blower they use and if there is some sort of a damper on them. 

ben79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Aqua II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »

I would be interested in where to find the grates as the one in my unit has a hole in it with some wire cloth over the hole for now.

I recently got the boiler running and i'm circulating water through the DHW coil in boiler to heat up the water heater for now.  I have been lighting a fire every other day or so and letting it get up to 180.  My boiler has a 3/4" vent line near the back upper right, I wonder if that's even the correct port for the vent? 

I would like to add an automatic solenoid damper on the front door operated by an aquastat at some point, the manual air control requires a lot of monitoring.

Mills River, NC

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 05:02:44 AM »

A Ranco temp control works nice to control a solenoid/fan and it's digital and fairly cheap. Amazon has an "Inkbird" temp control that's only $17. I've used it several times. Comes in F & Celsius I think.
I wonder if Dodds Bros in Missouri would have Aqua 2 grates? They carry about anything..
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com