Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: wood doctor wont honor warranty  (Read 12070 times)

gregory

• OWF Brand: wood doctor
  • OWF Model: 4000
    • View Profile
wood doctor wont honor warranty
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »

i bought a wood doctor outdoor woodboiler 4 years ago. last winter it burst a leak. i cannot believe how unhelpful they have been. went through all the proper procedures for the warranty, this took several months by the way, just to be lied to.  "aurthur" was never available. but i was finally told that he authorized replacement parts. never received them, never contacted. they do not return my calls or emails. it has been a year now. i dont want this boiler anymore. the website admits that the open air system is no good. does anyone have any idea how i can get my money back? i feel that i was sold a boiler that wood doctor clearly knew was no good. i was sold a bad product with a promise of a 30 year warranty that apparantly does not exist. is a lawyer a waste of time and money?

oldchenowth

Re: wood doctor wont honor warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »

I'm not sure how much time you have spent looking around this site, the WD in particular.  I would not get my hopes up of any repairs, parts, service, calls or emails.  WD has all but disappeared from the face of the Earth.  Beleive me, I am scared also, as I bought a 5000 about 3 seasons ago and am waiting for the hammer to drop on me.  If you can weld or know a welder or repair the thing yourself, I would head down that path.  What are they going to do, cancel your warranty?  Seems that has already taken place 26 years early! 

Please take no offense brother, my turn at the FU station is coming.  It's just a matter of when the train stops.

There is tons of knowledge on this site, ask q's and plenty of good people will be more than willing to help you solve your trouble with some innovative answers.  Especially these guys that built their own.  Someone had to build it, so it has to be fixable, somehow.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »

Welcome to the site gregory
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:00:16 AM »

I think they are still in business, and a New owner so we all maybe get some warranty after all .
 THE WOOD DOCTOR - as of: 2012-08-28 12:06 AM
Business/Organization Name: THE WOOD DOCTOR
Registry ID: 3012848
Type: Partnership/Business Name
Nature of Business: MANUFACTURE & SALES OF FURNACE & HEATING APPLIANCES
Jurisdiction: Nova Scotia
Registered Office: 397 PRINCE STREET
TRURO NS Canada B2N 1E6
Mailing Address: 397 PRINCE STREET
TRURO NS Canada B2N 1E6
PEOPLE
Name Position Civic Address Mailing Address
MICHAEL BURIAK Partner 397 PRINCE STREET
TRURO NS B2N 1E6

Same as Arthur's address , and a new company Hydrogen  http://www.verdecogrouptransportation.com/
The use of hydrogen as a fuel has been studied and it has been determined that it is the fuel of the future. What remained was to develop the process. That has been done.

Contact Arthur Turple or Michael BURIAK to discover opportunity.
Extreme Fuel Savings available.
verdecogroup@gmail.com

Run your car on water?
www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtmlHHO is a scam that is fleecing thousands and earning a fortune for dishonest con-men. ... Let's take a closer look at those HHO "hydrogen fuel cells". They are ...
FTC cracks down on Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell scam
green.autoblog.com/.../ftc-cracks-down-on-hydro-assist-fuel-cell-sca...9 Feb 2009 – Tags: browns gas, BrownsGas, hydro assist fuel cell, HydroAssistFuelCell, hydrogen scam, HydrogenScam, water 4 gas, water fuel, water fuel ...

http://www.verdecogrouptransportation.com/
http://www.verdecogroup.net/
http://www.wooddoctorfurnace.com/
Verdeco Group Transportation Inc. can now provide Extreme Fuel Savings.

Canadian office:
397 Prince St., Truro, NS Canada B2N 1E6
PO Box 1863, Truro, NS Canada B2N 6C7
877-770-7708
verdecogroup@gmail.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »

smells of scam to me? anyone really believe this. I am no sicientist but i would think that some company way smarter and with more financial resources than Wood doctor would be looking into this gig first.

i am NOT buying one anytime soon!
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

smells of scam to me? anyone really believe this. I am no sicientist but i would think that some company way smarter and with more financial resources than Wood doctor would be looking into this gig first.

i am NOT buying one anytime soon!
Good point!
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

farmermike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: wooddoctor
  • OWF Model: HE-8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »

Hi Gegory.Where did your boiler start leaking?The dealer who I bought my 8000 from now sells polar boilers.They are made by silverwinds in Manitoba just like the 8000 was.He had a polar converter on display at a local fair,sharp looking and nice design,although a lot of gadgets and wires for my taste.But getting to my point,he did say that silverwinds will honour the warranty on the wooddoctors that came out of their plant.Now the next question,were the 4000,s made by silverwinds?
stihl 362
stihl 361
speeco wood splitter
Anderson m-115 trailer/grapple
couture logging winch

Barrick

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: BP-14000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 07:20:37 PM »

Silverwind Metals made the 4000, 8000, 14000, and Industrial. Contact Neil Hofer at Polar Furnaces.com.
Jerry Barrick
Carlisle, AP

eplabri

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: 4000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »

I have a wood doctor I purchased in 07, it had a leak a few years ago that i traced to the water level indicator tube in the front under the trap door.  The water drip was coming from under the belly of the unit so at first i thought i had a big problem.  When i found that tube and replaced it - no more leak.  I have the 4000.  Also has anyone heard that you should not keep the rain cap on ?  Ive heard from other stove burners that you fan stays on longer and you go through more wood if you leave it on.

oldchenowth

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »

I have not heard that one about the rain cap.  Anyone back that up?  I may have to try it just for the experiment.

JMA

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »

I sure wish I found this website earlier! I sent Wood Doctor $7,900 for a stove a month ago. Last email I got from Arthur was 2 weeks ago, saying my stove was being painted and I haven't been able to get him to return my calls since. Customer service (or lack thereof) should be a good enough reason for no one to do business with them. If someone has the where-with-all to post a website, so it comes up quickly in a search for sites about wood stoves (or other items) that should be left completely alone, I would gladly donate a small amount of money to.

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Unfortunately I found this site after I purchased a
Wood Doctor 2nd hand.  At least I'm not out too much money.  I hope to get a few more years out of it.  We'll see how it goes.  If I were you, I think I would start hounding Arthur for your money back now!!!!!  You may or may not get it.  Not sure you'll ever see your stove.  I hope you do.   Hard people to deal with IMO and as you are finding out.  I do hope it works out in your favor.  Puts a bad taste in your mouth though. 

Jeff
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 04:20:13 AM »

Wood Doctor does not exist since Sept 2011.  Arthur is gone.  My 8000 rusted out one year ago and after one month I fixed it myself.  Cost $700, for steel, fabrication and welding, sent bill to Arthur, no reply.  I have all the specks on how
to make repairs if you need them.

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 07:09:50 AM »

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.

When I purchased my stove I was looking around at the different options
just to see what was out there. Wood Doctor did pop up easily and seamed
to be viable. The must spend alot of money on advertising to have their company
displayed like that on the internet.

They give OWB's a bad name. I hope you are able to resolve your issues
soon!!!

farmermike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: wooddoctor
  • OWF Model: HE-8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

Wood Doctor does not exist since Sept 2011.  Arthur is gone.  My 8000 rusted out one year ago and after one month I fixed it myself.  Cost $700, for steel, fabrication and welding, sent bill to Arthur, no reply.  I have all the specks on how
to make repairs if you need them.
Hi Coonsrich.Did  yours start leaking below the bricks in the firebox as well?Although my 8000 is not leaking yet,that worry is always at the back of my mind.I wouldn't mind seeing the specs that you mentioned.
stihl 362
stihl 361
speeco wood splitter
Anderson m-115 trailer/grapple
couture logging winch
Pages: [1] 2