Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: extra large wood doctor blower motor specs  (Read 2978 times)

dirtdigger

• OWF Brand: wooddoctor
  • OWF Model: extra large
    • View Profile
extra large wood doctor blower motor specs
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »

I have the extra large wood doctor boiler, in the past my blower motor went bad and my fix it shop sold me one that wasn't as powerful, thinking a lot slower speed, and now we've been having problems with getting enough draft.   

Does anyone know what size of motor is supposed to be on the blower, I've cleaned the fan, checked inside the door to make sure its clean and free of debris and the motor that's currently on the furnace has been checked over and is said to be fine, but memory serves me, I'm thinking the old blower was running faster than the motor I had to take due to the only one anywhere to be found on a frigid cold winter day.   My current motor spins at 2000 rpm, I was thinking the original spun at something closer to 3000 rpm.   

Can anyone help me out with this, seems the company is no more and I can't find anyone who knows anything about them or has or can get parts for them anymore.       

I could complain about the company, but it seems that's pretty well covered and all I can say is here is another ticked off customer of wood doctor.   

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: extra large wood doctor blower motor specs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

I am on the road right now but if you PM me I will check mine ( I have the same unit ) I may have a spare on the shelf but they are still available at Grainger!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

dirtdigger

• OWF Brand: wooddoctor
  • OWF Model: extra large
    • View Profile
Re: extra large wood doctor blower motor specs
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »

The motor I had on mine was running at 2000 rpm, the one that's supposed to be on it, spins at 3100 rpm's, I just got a new one today, so this weekend we'll get it installed, should make a huge difference in how the furnace works, thanks slimjim for the info.