Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Door adjustment  (Read 3192 times)

ambonci

• OWF Brand: SHAVER 165
    • View Profile
Door adjustment
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »

is there a way to adjust the closing of the door?  the lower portion of the dear seal is starting to leak and I was wondering if there was a way to tighten the door closure up a little.  I have rope gasket on my door and this is the 3rd winter with it so I know im in to replace it but would like to wait till spring if I could. 
Thanks
Adam

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
Re: Door adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »

One of the first mod's I did to my original door was replace the two hex bolts that were suppose to be hinges with a single rod that passed thru both arms of the door and both supports attached to the stove.  Having one pivot point took all of the vertical wobble out of the door and seemed to help the door seal material hold up better.  The only way I know to adjust is get a long cresent wrench out (I used a 24-inch'r) and bend the tabs and latch assembly attached to the stove up or down as necessary.  There is no way I know of to adjust the door horizontal unless you make some major modifications.   :bash: :bag:

This year, I built a whole new door, beefed up the hinge pins, made the door so it could be adjusted to center/fit the frame, and upgraded the seal around the perimeter to 1-inch silicone covered rope.  New door works like a charm, really glad I made the change.   I have had zero problems since the new door was installed. 8)

What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »

ambonci,

You can try a shim behind the door latch to make it tighter, I have one on mine now and works well. Let me know if you need additional help.

Greg Steinacher
618-401-0726
www.midwestoutdoorfurnace.com

ambonci

• OWF Brand: SHAVER 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »

thanks Greg I did just that and will work till I shut it down for the year.  Thanks again