Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Not impressed with Husqvarna 372  (Read 11055 times)

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile
Re: Not impressed with Husqvarna 732
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 10:10:40 AM »

stihl is #1
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Not impressed with Husqvarna 372
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »

A bud of mine has a Jonsered 2172 (re-badged Husky 372) that he's had for a few years now.
I'm not impressed with it at all-namely it's reliability.
His has been back to his dealer at least 3 or 4 times so far. I don't remember all the issues he's had(ignition and oiler for sure), but none were serious. Jonsered covered everything under warranty.
I have an old McCulloch ProMac 700 that I've ran on the few occasions we've cut together. When his is running good, it's all I can do to keep up with him. Most times, however, it's him who is struggling to keep up with me. The newer Huskys run ALOT of rpm's...or at least they sound like they do. His doesn't 4-stroke out of the cut like all my saws do and it smells hot when he's working it hard. His dealer assures him it's tuned properly, so he doesn't mess with it. He can usually get by me in a smaller log(12" or under), but the 'ol Mac seems to shine when we get into larger logs.
I paid $250 for my 700 about 20 years ago. Other than a new rip cord, carb kit, and 1 or 2 plugs, it's been a very reliable saw.
I think he paid in the neighborhood of $800 for his J-red.
I am so accustomed to running the older saws that the newer ones seem way out of balance to me.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:11:55 PM by martyinmi »
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 12:57:05 AM »

I used to have 2 Jonsered chainsaws back when Jonsereds and Huskys were like brothers, lost them in a shed fire. They cut as good as any comparable Husky and at the time were only sold in quality saw shops. Now they are mass marketed in franchise stores a lot of the time which can be tough for good service after the sale.

Had one with exhaust gas heated handles and absolutely loved it. You could adjust it as much as you wanted or shut it off with a small screw/valve, really slick and simple. Now I think they are all electric heated handles, at least my Husky is.

Stihl makes a good saw too but you pay top dollar for their professional line of saw just the like the other brands. To me it boils down to getting excellent service when I need it.   
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »

Hey if you are sick of that 372, I'll take it off your hands.

Tree service here so day in and day out use. We have an older 372xp that is the oldest saw in the truck and still a first line saw after 15 years-  ALL year long. 

Now, that being said, I also have a 394xp and 395xp.  The 395xp is just the newer version of 394.  And the 395 is at home as a spare because the 394xp just won't die and feels more powerful.

I ramble.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »

Makita FTW. 
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 08:51:15 PM »

Give your new Husky a bit more time, the chain thing could have been a fluke.

I bought a new Stihl MS362 and it kept getting stronger with each tank of gas the first winter.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 05:36:08 AM »

my experience with Husqvarna ....  dam good warranty ... had a 576 auto tune ( really liked it ) but it puked the rod out at 1.5 year old . Husky gave full replacement , not prorated not some deductible
Muir Ontario Canada

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »

Well I have 77 Husqavarna 1981 only thing thats slowing down is the guy running it . Its rocked out some serious firewood . Its done 10 cords min a year sense 1983 .
bar size 16" 18" 24" Its on its 4th clutch .  Lot of bars and chains . I sharpen my own last 10 years .  No engine work done only air cleaner fuel lines clutch bars and chains .
and ya 16" bar its a blocking monster !!! So check in to your tuner on the 372xp . That thing should work great .

Heat550

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 07:44:14 AM »

I have always run huskies , my 55 is 20 years old and my 455 is 10+ years old. Neither have ever skipped a beat. When they had the 20% off sale this year after Thanksgiving it was enough to get me to fork out the cash for a 372xp. I have spent a few days out felling and bucking up trees with it this year and so far  :thumbup: I quartered up some 2' wide but end logs with it too , no problems there either
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »

Season two update. Wouldnt start at all. Needed a fresh plug, and is giving great sevice, but i have never needed to chamge a plug in a Stihl.  It could be new EPA rules have made them more sensitive. My First Stihl was bought in the early 90's. I broke it, and replaced it with a pawn shop one, that needed a new sprocket.

I am loving the work saving the Husq does, but i have also been more selective on the diameter of log.

Tree removal friend brought some humongous ash trunks by. Really over cutting through a three foot trunk.

Of course the yield after splitting is good, just suck to have to sharpen the chain after each cutting.   It zips through the 24 inch and under.   Made short work of a blow down cherry today.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 02:40:18 AM »

You know when my husqavarna 353G was new it acted up also .  Its has a cat muffler  on it etech saw .  I changed to premium gas
its  never skipped a beat after that new in 2006. There only picky when new after brake in there great . I had a 44 years ago exact same issue
untill I ran about 4-5 tanks gas threw it .  There super tight when there new .  :thumbup:

heat550

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »

I added a Husky 372xp to my saw aresenal.  The dealer gave me a fair deal and added a second chain at cost.  In the first hour of cuttung a large ash log, it threw the chain. The chain wouldn't go anymore. I put the new one one and it worked well the next few times i used it.
  Now it isnt throwing oil. I did an internet search and found forum commentary that the oiler feed is plastic ans know to break easily.  I am taking it in and hope warranty covers it.

I have a stihl in the shop that is getting its oiler replaced. Never had such issues with ant Stihl.   So far this 850 dollar buy isnt too hot.

All my friends lay their Husky's on side.
I asked why and was told the bar oil leaks out.
I got a British Motorcycle so I know all about oil leaks.
Glad I own  Sthil's
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »

I added a Husky 372xp to my saw aresenal.  The dealer gave me a fair deal and added a second chain at cost.  In the first hour of cuttung a large ash log, it threw the chain. The chain wouldn't go anymore. I put the new one one and it worked well the next few times i used it.
  Now it isnt throwing oil. I did an internet search and found forum commentary that the oiler feed is plastic ans know to break easily.  I am taking it in and hope warranty covers it.

I have a stihl in the shop that is getting its oiler replaced. Never had such issues with ant Stihl.   So far this 850 dollar buy isnt too hot.

All my friends lay their Husky's on side.
I asked why and was told the bar oil leaks out.
I got a British Motorcycle so I know all about oil leaks.
Glad I own  Sthil's

ayup, the brits have a few things cornered like motocycles that leak and random 12v electrical fires with anything that has Lucas electrical components .
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 07:13:16 PM »

Prince of Darkness ,,,Martin.
Nothing Lucas left on mine.
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »

bought a new stihl  a few weeks ago, no settings on it for adjusting the carb, supposed to do it all by itself...I hope it does
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3