Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: can you go to big  (Read 3430 times)

rdc1656

• View Profile
can you go to big
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:39:39 AM »

i'm fxing to build my OSB,my plan is firebox is propane tank 70 inch long 37 inch dia inside  and 1000 to 1200 gal water tank. thanks for any help. i've read all the post and lots of good ideas and info. just checking the sizes this was the material i came across to use,by the way i'm in the mid south so not too cold here,but tired of suppoting propane company, i'm planning on heating a 3500 sqft house, hot tub and eventually a shop,once again thanks.

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: can you go to big
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:50:41 AM »

Water storage is a key concept.I plan to have about 2000 gallons in the future. I am not sure if I would want that much storage at the furnace though. A smaller water jacket with the furnace running flat out to heat another tank with large capacity would be more efficient than just trying to keep the same amount hot all the time.the key is to heat the mass storage.shut down furnace and suck off the storage tank.then heat it back up later with the boiler running at Max efficiency.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

lawrencep

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »

jackel hit it right on the head

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »

i have 1200 gals surrounding 3'x5' firebox,load once a day.it cycles every 4-5 hours in 20deg weather heat 2500 sf log home, maintaining 70 deg. it burns longer to reheat so fire will burn cleaner . before build i asked opinions on water capacity and got the dont do it. well needless to say im glad i went with my on thoughts.first hand experience here not speculation.  burned about 8 cord of wood last year, 6 cord good hardwood ,rest pine. how much more efficient can i get?