Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wood Doctor outdoor hot water wood furnace, Model# WDGS70, wood-boiler/ converte  (Read 4818 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile

cant anyone tell me a bit about these stoves? it is a Wood Doctor outdoor hot water wood furnace, Model# WDGS70, wood-boiler/ converter/ gasification, heats up to 10,000 sq. ft. It is on auction by my house....it has never been used. never even installed....i know WD went down in a blaze of glory....i have a few friends whom have their traditional models and although not to efficient they seems to do the trick....never heard much on their Gasification Models tho. If anyone could give me any insight that would be greatly appreciated. Im in no need of a new stove, but if i can pick it up for cheap, i just may. How much would you pay for it??

thanks!

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile

Call Art Turple and ask about it.....LOL    I'd steer clear of it. I think they made those stoves right before they went out of business, Slim would know. Should be a manufacture date on a sticker inside one of the doors. If I was going to buy it, $1500 would be my max bid. Hell, you cant even buy a good indoor stove for that.   Let us know what it goes for. Good luck!
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile

Boiler sold for 3,550

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile

That is a steal!
I was thinking about buying a 10000 before I bought my P&M.
I drove about 80 miles north of me and seen one in action. The owner had had it in operation for a few years heating his greenhouse. He loved it. That thing puts out a tremendous amount of heat.
It was just too big for my heat load.
I think that unit was about $10 or 11k back in 2010.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter