Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Called Ridgewood.......First impressions  (Read 6707 times)

Chicken farmer

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
Called Ridgewood.......First impressions
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:38:29 AM »

So I called the new Ridgewood company, which is now EZ Boilers. The guy that answered the phone (Ken, I believe, couldn't hear him that well) was pretty decent to talk to. I asked about warranty and water samples. He told me that they ARE honoring warranties on the Ridgewood stoves. I asked him about water samples. He said to send a sample in to make sure the warranty is maintained. I told him that I did not have a test kit, he said just to use a water bottle with a few ounces of sample water. Include your stove serial number, and your contact info (address and phone #). Apparently some of the original record retention was lost in the ownership change. I'm not trying to defend or recommend these guys. Just telling what happened when I called. Have a Merry Christmas!!!
30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Called Ridgewood.......First impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 03:59:36 AM »

Well that's good news!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

intensedrive

• OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:51:33 PM »

Good news indeed.. sounds like they are at least attempting help old customers.  If this happens kudos to ridgewood

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:16:03 AM »

As ugly as it really is, sometimes the folks that are at the top of a company overseeing costs and sales only look at the red and black lines, the black lines represent sales and profits, the red lines represent costs such as product to build it, warranty, repairs and design.
The people at the top always want to cut the red to increase the black, sometimes they cut to much red and it takes a while for problems to start showing up but when they do and the top guys bury or mask those small issues instead of addressing them head on and getting back on track, the snowball only increases and finally rolls right over the entire company!
It's really ugly because first you have the employee who is counting on upper management to do the right thing and he loses his job, he and his family are now taking a big hit!
Then you have the sales team that is forced to hide or is misled regarding the issues to keep sales going, their integrity with their customer and friends are compromised in their own community, this hurts pretty hard believe/ trust me on this one, I know that feeling very well!
Then you have the customer, he invested thousands of his families dollars to save money in the future and chose to do business with that company because he thought it was the best product for the money, now his wife and children are out of the savings, things get tight, arguments, perhaps divorce and for what?
All because somebody at the top wasn't paying attention to both of those lines, the black AND the red.
My suggestion to all the guys at the top, pay attention to both of those lines, if you have issues with your products, don't mask them and continue to build the same problem, address the issue, be honest with your team, listen to all the suggestions and come up with a plan, remember you folks are the ones steering the ship and your inattention can run run the whole ship into an iceburg and sink the entire ship!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Vincent Paul

• OWF Model: 7500
  • Whatever you are - be a good one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:45:33 AM »

Very, very well said Slim.  Ridgewood has always been fair to me.  Both owners( now separated ) have called immediately when I left messages.  SlimJim has said this many times, do your research, buy from a reputable company and take care of your unit.  So therefore, that is what we did and continue to do.  Enjoy your Christmas, I know we'll at least be warm when we get home from Church tonight!!!!
Stihl 025
Stihl 261
Stihl 361
New Holland TN 75A
Ford F-250 -- V-10
Red Angus cattle & a bunch of chickens

Chicken farmer

• OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:15 PM »

I have an early build 2000 size Ridgewood. I had alot of trouble with solenoids and controllers, and they always helped me out. The new ownership seems to be trying to run a legit shop making good boilers for the money.
30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

braveblaster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:02 PM »

Hey folks, I too own a Ridgewood. Could anyone post a means to reach Ridgewood, website, phone number?

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »

I'm not gonna bother calling them for any  problems if I have any I'll fix it myself. I'm not about to haul my stove 250 miles for them to screw it  up worse. I'm not even bothering to sending  in any water samples. 
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »

I'm not gonna bother calling them for any  problems if I have any I'll fix it myself. I'm not about to haul my stove 250 miles for them to screw it  up worse. I'm not even bothering to sending  in any water samples.

I dont blame you automan77. I had a Ridgewood, glad i sold it (the guy that bought it, loves it). I bought a Hawken and they went bankrupt. Now they are pushing "support" by selling their parts and testing water (in order to sell treatment). Its easier for me to test my water myself..............because there is no longer a warranty. 
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

jamesbodeis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:35:29 AM »

I have no use for them. The crap they pulled when my stove cracked was unreal. I wish the best of luck to anyone who has one or may acquire one. But mine will be gone as soon as I can afford a new one.
Ridgewood 7500

The thumb of michigan.

Jonsered 2260
Husqvarna 455 Rancher- stolen =(