Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First of the year  (Read 7307 times)

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Re: First of the year
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

Shut my stove down yesterday.  Early I know but I have to travel for work and the wife won't do it.  Got almost 5 cords through, maybe a half cord left in the wood shed yet.  I was planning on 10 cords this winter Nov 1st to April 1st but I didn't get to :(

Wife won't do it?????????
cut er off..

PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 10:34:54 PM »

Well she use to, until she overheated it because she forgot to shut the ash drawer and had a disaster going on.  Had to get it settled down get a fitting fixed in the basement hat came apart and filled with water and back running all while I was gone and she has limited knowledge about this, which I can understand being overwhelming for a woman. She was so worried she ruined my stove and she also knows how much I spent on it. She no longer wants any part in it while I'm gone.  She will fill it if I'm home or can be home.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:36:48 PM by aarmga »
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 11:24:05 PM »

Please, please, please. Apples to apples not apples to oranges. You need to specify how much load your putting on your system. I'm heating just under 7000 sq. ft. and DHW with a teenage daughter! The G200 is using less than the G400 used last year and both winters were pretty mild. I'm guessing I have gone through roughly 6 to 7 cords so far (started in November) but burning up a lot of my junk wood this year that was about 4 to 5 years old. The G200 is definitely the right size unit for me. 
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

aarmga

• Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 11:40:13 PM »

Please, please, please. Apples to apples not apples to oranges. You need to specify how much load your putting on your system. I'm heating just under 7000 sq. ft. and DHW with a teenage daughter! The G200 is using less than the G400 used last year and both winters were pretty mild. I'm guessing I have gone through roughly 6 to 7 cords so far (started in November) but burning up a lot of my junk wood this year that was about 4 to 5 years old. The G200 is definitely the right size unit for me.

That g200 can handle that much load!?  That's crazy to me
Stihl 211 - 16"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
JD 1025r with FEL

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 02:05:04 AM »

I'm not surprised s G2 can pull that load, it's all in how its insulated, what temp you heat to, etc . I wish there was a better quick way to calc heat load. There are better ways, but not quick......
I'm heating over 3,000 sq ft in my house, 500 sq ft cabin on a G100. Plus a 900 sq ft shop with 15' ceiling when I'm in it. Just barely keeps up on nights like yesterday, 10 F and howling wind! No sign of creosote during that kinda weather.  :)
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

kommandokenny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 06:14:21 AM »

Well she use to, until she overheated it because she forgot to shut the ash drawer and had a disaster going on.  Had to get it settled down get a fitting fixed in the basement hat came apart and filled with water and back running all while I was gone and she has limited knowledge about this, which I can understand being overwhelming for a woman. She was so worried she ruined my stove and she also knows how much I spent on it. She no longer wants any part in it while I'm gone.  She will fill it if I'm home or can be home.

I just let mine do the grunt work ,,,[no thinking involved]

Don't get me started with the satelite tv......................or the blu ray player

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:45:18 PM by kommandokenny »
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 06:16:34 AM »

That g200 can handle that much load!?  That's crazy to me

2800sq ft of house here, 1800sq ft of shop and 120 feet of heated sidewalk with a G200. Was pretty windy yesterday and the sidewalk was on all day, My 200 idled at least four times yesterday.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

aarmga

• Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:10 PM »

Seems like every time I hear something about the g series I'm a little more impressed
Stihl 211 - 16"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
JD 1025r with FEL

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 08:50:25 AM »

I just let mine do the grunt work ,,,[no thinking involved]

That must be a McKellar girl you have there. Growing up on highway 124 the girl next door at our cottage used to split (by hand) all the wood for her family during her summer holidays. I was in pretty good shape back then but she kept me in line.... ::)

Don't get me started with the satelite tv......................or the blu ray player
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...

kommandokenny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »

She's a Misplaced Toronto city slicker.
But I whipped her into shape.......
We been in the McKellar area 6 years now, but cottaged over on Whitestone for 30+ years.
She won't ever leave the near north now..
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 06:16:57 PM »

I would like my closest neighbors at least a mile away, but am happy where I am.
Western Maine

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

You are exactly right Yoder, how well insulated your buildings are is the key. Also the temperature you keep them at. I have a 50x60x16 shed but I only keep it at 55 degrees which for me is perfect for a shop. It has in floor radiant and is insulated everywhere to the max. House is insulated the same.

When all my loads are calling the G200 just holds its' own and takes a long time to catch up but that is in extreme weather conditions, 20 to 30 below and howling winds.

Tomorrow we will fill the wood shed for probably the last time this season, crappy winter again. Sure glad I have a rain cap on my G200 since we are supposed to get 2 to 3 inches of rain the next few days.
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter
Pages: 1 [2]