Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Owners of large tracts both timber cutting  (Read 2164 times)

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Owners of large tracts both timber cutting
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:34:03 PM »

Found out that the owners on both sides of me are harvesting this year. One needed clarification from the County that the unmaintained section of road wasnt owned by me. Logger needs access.

I gave no fuss as it is a section road and I know the law here- just because the County doesnt maintain it, doesnt mean they gave up ownership.   Going to have a happy logging company and absentee landowner. Will be pretty easy to get permission to cut up some quality firewood tree tops. 

The other land, i already cut blow downs and easy stuff.  Think the three year plan is under way. Will likely do some woodpiles in place and collect as I need. I minimize how many times i move the same stick, as much as posssible.

Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

coolidge

• View Profile
Re: Owners of large tracts both timber cutting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:42:46 AM »

Get something in writing please, hate to see you arrested or someone take off with your hard work.
Word of mouth just doesn't cut it anymore.
Western Maine

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »

Get something in writing please, hate to see you arrested or someone take off with your hard work.
Word of mouth just doesn't cut it anymore.

Actually, I am the Sheriff here..... But I know what you are saying.  One property I already have hunting and cutting privileges, will definitely  get solid clarification on the other. Millionaires can be fickle folk. 
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »

Ahhh.  Helps a little.
Western Maine