Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chimney Caps  (Read 10247 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Chimney Caps
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »

I'm not sure, I do know the menards pipe does not fit but the stuff from fleet farm is what I needed to fit.  The cap however did fit.  Not sure if the cap is more universal to fit both pipes.  Do you know off hand what the pipe from fleet farm is called?  That is what I needed because the menards pipe was significantly larger in size that the pipe would not screw into the pipe the stove came with.  It's been a few years so I cannot remember.
I tried the cap this morning. It is about 1/2" too big.

jreimer

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »

This is the cap I made. Very simple, works great and very inexpensive. Took some galvanized sheet metal and cut out a circle the diameter I wanted. Cut a slit to the middle and over lapped the edge pop riveting it together. Next I riveted on 3 strips of galvanized sheet metal as the legs. I made them plenty long so I could raise the cap as high as I wanted. Then I made a smaller circle for the inside inverting it, notching out tabs for the legs and riveted it to the legs. The inverted cone on the underside helps to disperse the flue products when there is little or no wind. I don't get any dripping from this cap but a gasser burns pretty clean. The cap is held in place with a stainless steel hose clamp at the top of the chimney. You can raise or lower it to any level you want and you could drop it right down for the summer if you wanted to.

Looks like aliens are checking the exhaust gases. 
Shindaiwa 488
GMC Duramax 2500HD
Homemade splitter
Portage and Main Optimizer 250
Kubota B7500 w/loader
An understanding wife

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 11:52:53 PM »

I'm not sure, I do know the menards pipe does not fit but the stuff from fleet farm is what I needed to fit.  The cap however did fit.  Not sure if the cap is more universal to fit both pipes.  Do you know off hand what the pipe from fleet farm is called?  That is what I needed because the menards pipe was significantly larger in size that the pipe would not screw into the pipe the stove came with.  It's been a few years so I cannot remember.
I tried the cap this morning. It is about 1/2" too big.

Do u think I got an early model?  Wonder why mine fit? That's completely odd to me.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »

Is there a label on the outside of your chimney? I think it is usually towards the back of the stove, It should be Selkirk Ultra Temp.
I think it was around the fall of 2014 that they started putting insulated pipe on them. Maybe they used something different if yours was one of the first with it.

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 02:05:23 AM »

I will check it out tomorrow for you.  I'll see if I can get a picture.  Not sure I've seen a sticker on it. It I could have missed it.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection
Pages: 1 2 [3]