Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Clean out  (Read 2831 times)

coolidge

• View Profile
Clean out
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »

Boy he government has truly hurt the auto industry with there guidelines, especially on diesel pickups.

I had my new 2016 Duramax tuned and exhaust gutted yesterday, the difference is unbelievable.
They say it adds 150 horse, you know it when your foot hits the floorboards now.
Western Maine

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Clean out
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »

How did that effect the mileage? My old 2002 duramax didn't really have any emissions stuff from the factory and I had it tuned to almost double the hp. I spent too much on tires so I don't think I will do anything with the 2015 duramax I have now.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »

Only have about 200 miles on, but he said 2 to 3 more mpg. Should be pushing 500 hp now
Western Maine

ST98

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 05:15:50 AM »

Boy he government has truly hurt the auto industry with there guidelines, especially on diesel pickups.

I had my new 2016 Duramax tuned and exhaust gutted yesterday, the difference is unbelievable.
They say it adds 150 horse, you know it when your foot hits the floorboards now.

I've wanted to replace my 06 max with a new one but not a big fan of all that emissions stuff. If I gutted in PA not sure it'd make it through its first inspection. Did you shut off the urea?

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 05:34:43 AM »

I've wanted to replace my 06 max with a new one but not a big fan of all that emissions stuff. If I gutted in PA not sure it'd make it through its first inspection. Did you shut off the urea?

I have the same tuner in my 07, it made that  a totally different truck also.   No more urea.
Western Maine

ST98

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »

[/quote

I have the same tuner in my 07, it made that  a totally different truck also.   No more urea.

Nice

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 06:40:44 PM »

I have the 05   duramax, it's stock and it has all the power in the world, I have a 12' sure track dump trailer and I over load with everything and it pulls like a steam train,. I would not trade cit for anything . I just have a little over 100,000 now it's probably just breaking in
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »

Our 08 power stroke 6.4 was a complete dog when it was new.  Got myself a complete 5inch mbrp turbo back, intake, egr and reburner delete with a H&S programmer.  Says it adds 250hp with exhaust delete on "Hot" tune.  That thing can sure turn the tires like that.  40 psi from the turbos I can see egt temps of 1500 real quick so I gotta be careful. 

Anyway I could get about 14-16 average fuel economy before the delete and now I can easily see 20 or more average.  I get 14-16 with a full trailer.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection