Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Our Experience With the HeatMaster G400  (Read 2270 times)

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
Our Experience With the HeatMaster G400
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »

When I posted that we were installing a HeatMaster G400 last Fall, I said I'd keep you updated. We got around to getting it installed late in the fall, just after the first major snowfall. In past years, we've burned wood we cut from the woods out back. Basically cut it one day and burn it over the next week. Usually we could get by until late December this way before ordering a semi-load, using the semi-load of logs to finish out the heating season. This year we ordered a semi-load in the fall and it lasted all winter. It was cut in October and we started burning it almost immediately, cutting from the pile. My point is it had very little time to dry; basically we were burning green oak. We've so far had no creosote problems (we started the year a bit worried over the lack of dry wood). Overall it doesn't make much ash and makes very little smoke. This spring when our wood ran out, we burned a big tree of wet pine and got the same result. We played with the settings in the controller and programmed it to come on more often as we had a bit of an issue with the fire burning out but since then it's been working great. Other than that, we have abused it almost any way possible and have gotten not a hiccup in response.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Our Experience With the HeatMaster G400
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »

With me burning 100% ash and the lack of coals it makes, I changed the purge to 60 minutes initially and for it to run 5 minutes, zero issues after that, I’m also sure the factory settings would be fine with wood that produces more coals and is actually dry, all my ash was 30% or over.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana