Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmaster the good, the bad and the ugly  (Read 2652 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Heatmaster the good, the bad and the ugly
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »

Anyone that has been on this forum for longer than a day knows who Slimjim is. Some just know him by his username and some of us know him as Richard. Richard has been great to me since I have known him. He runs a legitimate outdoor boiler company that does everything from sell new and used owb all the way to full installs and troubleshooting. Richard is very approachable about anything I have ever talked with him about and has always looked to do the right thing. This forum has probably grown to th following it has because of Slimjim, people see that he is knowledgable and quick to respond and join the forum for his advice as well as some others.

Over the past 3 months we have all followed the fall out between Richard and Heatmaster. As a customer of heatmaster, who I invested 9k with, I like their product and their customer service because...

The good:

They build a well thought out gasser

The boiler is simple to operate

The boiler is a good grade stainless that suits it's purpose well

The fit and finish is good

The company found some design flaws which any other owb company would have never thought of retrofitting current boilers in the field but heatmaster arranged for the flaws to be fixed

The company takes water samples for free and tells you how much boiler treatment to use

I have never heard of heatmaster ducking out on warranty claims atleast anything major

Richard told me that one boiler customer never cleaned his g200 and plugged it so bad that they just exchanged it out for a new one.

The company wanted quality opinions about their product so much that they gave me $200 worth of boiler treatment and a jacket for answering their questions.

The bad

The company had a design flaw from a change in design that took a few weeks for the customers to get rectified and some still have issues with those designs

The ugly

Richard who cares very much about his products and service was severely impacted from behind the scenes dealer issues with their products and servicing of the products. It is obvious to all of us how hurt Richard has been by the company. It appears that the two can't find any common ground because I think Richard is the best owb dealer and installer in the northeast or further and from a customer stand point I think heatmaster is the best outdoor boiler company on the market because of the points I had. I love Richard to death for the time and energy he has put into this forum and his buisness. Richard, I wish you well and hope you can weather the storm and keep doing what you have always done for this forum and te owb industry. Thank you for what you do.

FrozenMongrel

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster the good, the bad and the ugly
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »

:post:

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 03:45:25 AM »

Wow guys, very well said and Thank You, I'll do what I can but a lot of investment has happened that I'll be needing to recoup before any further investments will be made in this industry.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

nd guy

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 400css
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »

I hope also that Richard never leaves us because of his knowledge and willingness to give us true and unbiased info. I have learned alot from his posts.