Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can’t wait for winter  (Read 4980 times)

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Can’t wait for winter
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »

I will take 0 any day, this heat and humidity drains the life outa you.
Agree!
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »

I don't know if anyone is from central Iowa but I've been working out there and it's been 100 everyday damn near 90% humidity and up with 70 degree dew points.  Ridiculous
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »

Hot and humid seems to be the trend here too. I have a bunch of wood to split and I just don't even want to look at it. I was on the roof the other day for a couple hours and it looked like I just jumped in the water when I got down. Give me cold weather any day
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »

Hot and humid seems to be the trend here too. I have a bunch of wood to split and I just don't even want to look at it. I was on the roof the other day for a couple hours and it looked like I just jumped in the water when I got down. Give me cold weather any day

Yep, I have an elderly guy I rent a little ground from, he lives like over 2 hours away around Chicago. he has an old shed on the property wit the fiberglass sky lights, last couple of winds got the better of em. Of course they used tin that was only ever made by one company and they haven’t made it in over 25 years so absolutely no chance of finding any panels to match the tin, bought the closest thing I could find, old stuff was 30” coverage, new stuff is 36” so I have plenty to work with.

Pull whats left of the old, pull all the nails, pull the ridge cap, slide one side of the polycarbonate till the ridge in it is under the second ridge of the old tin, lift the sheet on the other side of poly and slip that side under a ridge, jockey back and forth a little, screw it all down, do the other side of the roof, try to place whats left of the old foam seal under the ridge cap and screw that down, thankfully I have plenty of poly far as length so have been shoving it high as possible under the ridge cap. Takes about an hour a section, 4 down 8 to go. Is absolutely miserable to do when just setting the ladder up gets sweat running in your eyes.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana
Pages: 1 [2]