Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: sharkbite radiant style / sidearm double wall stainless / Pumps  (Read 12196 times)

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
Re: sharkbite radiant style / sidearm double wall stainless / Pumps
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »

What brand was it ? I have kitec here 1 inch pex al pex 20 years old now . 470 ft on 2 loops in ground . What
company can do same quality as 1996 Kitec ??? for new install Im doing  :photo:

Heat550

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 04:42:30 PM »

I think it is boiling water that made the pex-al-pex separate and bulge inwards. Most of it I have seen with the problem was Kitec brand.
I have kitec at home and it is still fine.
If you go with new pex-al-pex, a good name brand should be fine. Rifeng is the only chinese brand I would trust. Some of the real name brands are re-labeled Rifeng.

If you get new pex-al-pex, you will not be able to use Kitec fittings. Kitek was 25mm ID and 32mm OD. All the new stuff is 26mm ID and 32mm OD. You can use the new fittings in Kitec if you use the correct reamer tool.

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2017, 10:20:34 PM »

My in house heating plant is Geothermal (when I'm not using the OWB) and I use a high efficiency gas furnace as my air handler for the water to air system rather than buying an empty box with a blower in it for about the same price (plus an additional backup heat source). My Geothermal unit is 4 ton and the furnace has a 5 ton capacity ECM blower in it. I sized the water to air coil I installed above my A-coil for the OWB to have the heat exchange area (not the frame size) the same size as my plenum dimensions. I had to have a mounting box made to accommodate the heat exchanger as I did not want any additional static pressure increase from the water to air heat exchanger. I also used Sharkbite fittings and they have not given me any problems. Just make sure they are OEM Sharkbite and not a knock off. Air flow is critical for Geothermal and my static pressure differential did not even change by .1 inches across the added heat exchanger. I never remove it either and run my blower at about 1800 cfm for A/C and about 1600cfm for heating.

I have now changed out 2 of my B&G pumps with Grundfus Alpha pumps to help lower my electric usage. I am not able to use these for my main circ. pumps out at the boiler but they are working great in my shed for the in floor system and for my buffer tank on the in floor system in the house. I did use one as my bypass pump when I had the G400 but don't need one now on my G200. I am hoping they come out with higher capacity ECM pumps at a reasonable price by the time I have any problems with my B&G pumps at the OWB.     
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2017, 10:38:03 PM »

I just talked to Armstrong the other day and the larger ECM pumps that they were going to release this year got pushed back till next year.
I am hoping they will be in a reasonable price range.

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2017, 04:41:22 AM »

Thanks for the info I will try and find Watts pex al pex . I seen RSI boilers have that Armstrong ECM pump 20-20 ci .
I will have to order one and give it a try . Is there a good site to get the 1 inch copper sweep ( ac ) 90 .
Because I will not find them locally . Its going to get crazy here pretty quick on the new install Im doing .
digging trench soon . slabs in  :thumbup:

Heat550

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »

I'm going to run blue semi heater hose to the airexchanger. hose will end up about 3-4 foot long each . So it can be pulled out of duct .
In summer. And installing bypass and valve and bleeder valves. So it will be easy to change hose and bypass so it can heat just domestic water also. Install starting to take shape. All 1 inch copper to 1 inch blue hose. Weight of duct and boiler exchanger will be supported from floor joists above. No weight on lp furnace or a coil cabnet .
Because the bigger fan on furnace . Furnace is sit directly on cold air return duct work . It's a up draft lp Furnace.  :thumbup:

Heat550

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »

Thanks for the info I will try and find Watts pex al pex . I seen RSI boilers have that Armstrong ECM pump 20-20 ci .
I will have to order one and give it a try . Is there a good site to get the 1 inch copper sweep ( ac ) 90 .
Because I will not find them locally . Its going to get crazy here pretty quick on the new install Im doing .
digging trench soon . slabs in  :thumbup:

Heat550

Watts pex-al-pex is just re-labeled Rifeng brand. They might have better quality control when they sell it to Watts but Rifeng branded pipe is usually pretty decent.

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 08:37:39 PM »

Project pushes on got new furnace a coil and woob boiler exchanger mount in place. Has anyone ever used 1 inch soft copper tubing inside Insul seal  instead of pex Al pex ..  Boiler to house is only 50 feet..
Roll 1 inch copper is about twice as much as pex Al pex . Any input would be great.. got air conditioner fired up. 👍😀 It's working great.

Heat550

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

. Is there a good site to get the 1 inch copper sweep ( ac ) 90 .
Because I will not find them locally .

You looking for sweat? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Copper-Fittings-130000

Or for pex? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Sioux-Chief-642X4-1-PEX-x-1-PEX-Elbow-Lead-Free
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]