Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Had a triaxle load of wood delivered. Now have a cushion.  (Read 2269 times)

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Had a triaxle load of wood delivered. Now have a cushion.
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:43:50 AM »

I stopped by an Amish mill that advertised slab wood for sale. All of it is remnants of their milling. Non pieces were very big, and some were mostly bark.  20 bucks for an 8 foot truck bed. I got two loads , but spent time picking though it to find seasoned and pieces that were larger.   Not bad for fireplace and the top off the boiler.

My neighbor mentioned an ad in the paper for triaxle load of oak- about 5 cords a load. Had some delivered, and pretty happy with what I have. nearly all of it is bark free. End rounds and odds and ends of various sizes of oak and hickory.  Some of it is green and some is seasoned a little.   It was nice to just go out with the splitter and work through it, without having to cut up a trunk first.  It will certainly give me the cushion of wood, while I head into the woods and attack the blow downs that need attention.   
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.