Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: what brand stoves do you feel comfortable referring people too?? HONEST QUESTION  (Read 4835 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile

Heatmaster, Heatmor and Crown Royal are the only 3 brands of stoves I feel comfortable recommending to people. The #1 reason is customer service track records and strong dealer support networks.

What about you? whom do you feel comfortable recommending and why???

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile

The #1 reason is customer service track records and strong dealer support networks.

There may be other Brands, but dealer track record, or at least a distributor backing a new dealer. Costumers need to know where they can expect to get support. With the coming of the gasser units, it is essential. 
   I see what is going on viewing other social media sites and it is so unreasonable to expect a costumer to trouble shoot his own furnace when the factory rep and other so called tech people can't figure it out or replace it. Condemning and belittling the costumer when there is a problem is just not good.
   If a dealer or furnace company says they have no problems, beware. Everything that man makes will have a problem sooner or later, It's how it is resolved that sets one above another.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

Mr. Maple

• OWF Brand: Empyre 450-sold,P&M BL 4044- sold,now Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 20000e
    • View Profile

I have referred many to Heatmaster,and told them to stay away from previous brand. My dealer of that brand was absolutely useless,Rory blamed me for everything,as well as someone who is no longer on this site. I couldn’t be any happier with the stove,and would not trade it for two or three free stoves of previous brand

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile

The #1 reason is customer service track records and strong dealer support networks.

Very good response. I agree 100% on companies claiming they "never have issues."

As far as that "other issue" on social media....that whole thing is a joke. They should have just refunded him and cut the cord months ago. Certain people NEED a good dealer.... especially if running a Gasser.
   There may be other Brands, but dealer track record, or at least a distributor backing a new dealer. Costumers need to know where they can expect to get support. With the coming of the gasser units, it is essential. 
   I see what is going on viewing other social media sites and it is so unreasonable to expect a costumer to trouble shoot his own furnace when the factory rep and other so called tech people can't figure it out or replace it. Condemning and belittling the costumer when there is a problem is just not good.
   If a dealer or furnace company says they have no problems, beware. Everything that man makes will have a problem sooner or later, It's how it is resolved that sets one above another.

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile

This is a good post. I don't have enough experience with Heatmor to say one one way or another, but your other two would be in my top recommendations. I would still recommend P&M BL series as a high efficiency conventional, despite my prior issues with the manufacturer, but this new scenario just confirmed my suspicions as they seem to be still pulling the same junk they were last time I dealt with them. There is no denying they make a quality product, but the rest of it is sub-par at best IMO. Some QC would go a long way over there. As we know I'm no gasser dude, but the HM and Crown conventionals will blow the competition apart when coupled with customer service the way I look at it

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks

That s a hard question to answer.  OWB's are expensive enough and last long enough that most people only have experience with one brand.  Only if they're UN-lucky, do they get a chance to try a different brand.

That being said, I have no problems at all suggesting Central Boiler to anyone as I've had zero problems, and a great experience in my 10th year of heating, and my brother and next door neighbor is still using his CB 6048 (same model as me) for over 15 years.
Hudson, WI

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile

Heatmor 200-400 are bit like Cadillac's there no going back . There exactly what they are.   :thumbup: :photo:

Heat550

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile

Hey Heat,

If I were trying to sell someone on reliability of a product, I wouldn't compare it to a Cadillac!  :D
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile

Quality comes with a price tag. At least you know what you're getting. :thumbup:

I will admit the Heatmors are better then Cadillacs.  :thumbup:
Mileage depending.

Heat550

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com

I wish the tech support from Central Boiler was a bit better.  I have been given the runaround when dealing with them about the Firestar controller.  Love the quality and operation of my M250 though.   :thumbup:
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

Scratch

• OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks

I wish the tech support from Central Boiler was a bit better.  I have been given the runaround when dealing with them about the Firestar controller.  Love the quality and operation of my M250 though.   :thumbup:
That may very well be true. 
My brother and I have never contacted anyone looking for support so we can't give any feedback on how good their after sale service is.
Hudson, WI

Dieselwrencher

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
    • Scgreenheat.com

I would stay away from p&m, I've had a couple customers with leaks on 4-6 year old units and the warranty was nothing. i’m Very happy not to be handling them anymore.  the bl series are going to have some issues in the flange between tank and brick, so it seems.  Efficient but that seem and creosote are proving to be a problem,and the guy in charge of warranty.
Heatmaster and Crown Royal dealer for southern mn/northern ia