Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installing in a Doublewide Mobile home??  (Read 13415 times)

hddmax66

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: Installing in a Doublewide Mobile home??
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »

i didnt have the space either but i took out a lil wall and some useless cabnets on the left is my washer and dryer and on the right was a pantry like you prolly have. Needless to say its gone now. I really wish i had a basement!

@ RSI i think i needed like 19.5 x 19.25 somewhere close to that. I searched everywhere and couldnt find one. i found great deals at www.freeheat4u.com and is in driving distance for me to pick up! so i had to get the 19x20 which is actually 19.25x22. the next one smaller was 18x18 which is actually 18.5x20. Go big or go home is my motto!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:24:39 PM by hddmax66 »

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »

i didnt have the space either but i took out a lil wall and some useless cabnets on the left is my washer and dryer and on the right was a pantry like you prolly have. Needless to say its gone now. I really wish i had a basement!

@ RSI i think i needed like 19.5 x 19.25 somewhere close to that. I searched everywhere and couldnt find one. i found great deals at www.freeheat4u.com and is in driving distance for me to pick up! so i had to get the 19x20 which is actually 19.25x22. the next one smaller was 18x18 which is actually 18.5x20. Go big or go home is my motto!
Yeah that is a hard size to find. There are some that measure 18x19 or 19x20 but would have cost more. You probably went with the best size.

Daped01

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:09 AM »

Ok, thank you very much.  I received alot of information from alot of people I consider "credible" from reading this site over the year.  I've been lurking here for a year or so and am so thankful for all the information i've learned from just reading.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »

Generally speaking doublewides are down draft furnaces with an A coil on top. If you can raise the A coil and slide the flat coil in between it works well. One thing I would point out is to look at both the size of the base of the A coil and the opening on top of the furnace where the air goes from the A coil into the fan. Often this opening is around a 16x18 or 16x16 opening. If you install a coil larger than the opening you really don't gain anything because the overhanging part will not be used. I almost always use a 16x16 coil ( with flanges 16.25x18).
 One problem to watch out for when installing this way. If the A/C unit is low on freon or if the cover of the furnace is left off the coil can freeze up. I had one case where the coil froze and busted twice. The way I fixed the problem was by installing a sensor on the wire from the y terminal to the outside unit so that whenever the coil dropped below 38F the compressor would stop. This seemed to solve the problem.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Daped01

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »

great information yoderheating.  Thank you very much

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

Generally speaking doublewides are down draft furnaces with an A coil on top. If you can raise the A coil and slide the flat coil in between it works well. One thing I would point out is to look at both the size of the base of the A coil and the opening on top of the furnace where the air goes from the A coil into the fan. Often this opening is around a 16x18 or 16x16 opening. If you install a coil larger than the opening you really don't gain anything because the overhanging part will not be used. I almost always use a 16x16 coil ( with flanges 16.25x18).
 One problem to watch out for when installing this way. If the A/C unit is low on freon or if the cover of the furnace is left off the coil can freeze up. I had one case where the coil froze and busted twice. The way I fixed the problem was by installing a sensor on the wire from the y terminal to the outside unit so that whenever the coil dropped below 38F the compressor would stop. This seemed to solve the problem.
What did you use for the sensor to shut off the AC? That probably wouldn't be a bad idea to put in every system if it is cheap enough.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »

I can't even remember the brand I used. I just went into my HVAC supplier and told them what I wanted. It was very simple little device that clipped onto the line and had two wires out of it. Simply had to splice the yellow wire through it and was done. I want to say it cost less than $20. I am thinking about using them on all coils that are located directly beside the A coil where it has any chance at freezing.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master
Pages: 1 [2]