Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine  (Read 71963 times)

oldchenowth

Re: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2014, 05:31:20 AM »

You sure are a pompous knob, Neil.  For someone who came on this site to learn more about owb's, you seem to be full of yourself and more knowledgable than anyone else on here. Everyone else is "ignorant", "ilinformed" "full of crap" and how many other holier than thou phrases you can google.   Ironic, that the amount you know about ALL things here, you don't even own a burner.  With all your vast knowledge, why do you even need to get the menucia on this site?  You seem to ooze superior knowledge and experience from evey pour. Must be there is more weight in theory than experience, like most of these guys on here have.  Reading this latest thread has made me sick!  All the dribble you spew. 

I know I have broken a cardinal rule by my last paragraph.  I the moderators could give me one or two days to print off my PM's, I would appreciate it.  At that time I will close my account on my own.

Thank you all for your help in the past.  I will just check in under guest once in a while.

Rich

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2014, 05:38:07 AM »

OH BOY , nice post pitman, ain't no particulate matter escaping there is there, I love to watch those pulls, we rarely have the big stuff here in the northeast but when I'm traveling and I get a chance I sure like to watch, what is it that they inject to get the 20 foot flames out of the stack when she revs up? Oldchenowth please do not give up, I certainly did not see anything bad in your post but then again I'm not a moderator, if anybody gets kicked off for this thread then I guess it would be myself and Neal.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2014, 06:50:08 AM »

Even if I were gay, which I am not but truly don't care if you are, I would decline from that offer as I have a suspicion that it smells like dirty socks, seriously Neal, where do we draw the line on spending?
I've made it quite clear, I am against huge overspending on social and military welfare.  I am all for cutting waste and a balanced budget.  How have you not gotten that yet, I have stated it like 5 or 6 times already...

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »

;)
I'm a Dodge fan.  Got a 2500 Hemi.   :thumbup:

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2014, 07:13:15 AM »

You sure are a pompous knob, Neil.  For someone who came on this site to learn more about owb's, you seem to be full of yourself and more knowledgable than anyone else on here. Everyone else is "ignorant", "ilinformed" "full of crap" and how many other holier than thou phrases you can google.   Ironic, that the amount you know about ALL things here, you don't even own a burner.  With all your vast knowledge, why do you even need to get the menucia on this site?  You seem to ooze superior knowledge and experience from evey pour. Must be there is more weight in theory than experience, like most of these guys on here have.  Reading this latest thread has made me sick!  All the dribble you spew. 

I know I have broken a cardinal rule by my last paragraph.  I the moderators could give me one or two days to print off my PM's, I would appreciate it.  At that time I will close my account on my own.

Thank you all for your help in the past.  I will just check in under guest once in a while.

Rich
What a narcissistic whiner you are. 

Calling people out on their ignorance or stupidity on a specific (off) topic issue doesn't indicate or suggest that I somehow know more than anyone else here about all, or any other specific topic.  Get a grip dude.  I have never claimed that I am able to possess more knowledge on any topic than anyone else here.  If you know something more about the specifics of climate change and global temperature anomaly I'm all ears and willing to hear it.  However if all you put forth is some illogical line of crap, I'm gonna call you out on it.  Such as I am doing now to you.

You certainly have a comprehension problem if you think I have portrayed myself as someone who knows more about OWF than everyone else here.  I specifically started a thread declaring my noob status, and asking for insight and suggestion, which was offered, accepted, and implemented in my design.  Now, because I can accept the fact that our climate has show significant signs of warming over the past couple centuries, and admit that man has an influence in the climate you are making that into some gigantic leap of faith that portrays me as me being all knowing about OWF topics.  That's simply disgustingly childish behavior, you are basically throwing a whiny temper tantrum.

Closing your account because you can't openly admit factual data and scientific findings, or have no logical argument against someone who provides that argument?  Really?? You have to be kidding me... 

That has to be one of the most stick your fingers in your ears, childish behaviors ever.  What possesses a person to take that path instead of discussion of the facts, evidence, and positions provided with sound and logical arguments?

Neal 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:16:19 AM by NaturallyAspirated »

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 34-44 Shaker
  • "Welcome to second place." - Steve Conover
    • View Profile
    • Indian Creek Shooting Systems
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2014, 07:56:37 AM »

That has to be one of the most stick your fingers in your ears, childish behaviors ever.  What possesses a person to take that path instead of discussion of the facts, evidence, and positions provided with sound and logical arguments?

Neal

Hi Neal.

I am particularly interested in the logic behind your support and validity of Bovine Flatulence Global Warming theory.

Are you of the opinion that all other large mammals on the planet should be studied with taxpayer dollars for methane output via flatulence?

Also, do you feel federal funding is needed for studying the mechanisms and processes that consume the methane produced by the large animals' levels of flatulence and associated methane output?

Similarly, in your opinion, should the EPA and the World Health Organization receive additional U.S. taxpayer dollars in order to study excessive airborne particulates associated with biological outputs of methane?  Flatulence standards may need to be established as one could possibly corelate these particulate levels with the disruption of the navigational behaviors of the American honey bee.

Lastly, if airborne particulates associated with biological outputs of methane are deemed statistically significant, should federal subsidies be granted to study the reflectivity of these particles and their associated impact on global warming data validity?

Thank you.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:21:48 AM by Sloppy_Snood »
NWP 49mm Short Block-modified Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Harbor Freight 20-ton Dual-Direction Log Splitter
2006 Chevy 2500 3/4-ton 2WD
New Holland TC33D 4WD

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »

Neal

Hi Neal.

I am particularly interested in the logic behind your support and validatity of Bovine Flatulent Global Warming theory.

Are you of the opinion that all other large mammals on the planet should be studied with taxpayer dollars for methane output via flatulence?

Also, do you feel federal funding is needed for studying the mechanisms and processes that consume the methane produced by the large animals' levels of flatulence and associated methane output?

Similarly, in your opinion, should the EPA and the World Health Organization receive additional U.S. taxpayer dollars in order to study excessive airborne particulates associated with biological outputs of methane?  Flatulence standards may need to be established as one couldpossibly coordinate these particulte levels with the disruption of the navigational behaviors of the American honey bee.

Lastly, if airborne particulates associated with biological outputs of methane are deemed statistically significant, should federal subsidies be granted to study the reflectivity of these particles and their associated impact on global warming data validity?

Thank you.  :thumbup:
It would be my opinion that we should study (most studies of this nature are done already) large animal domestication impact on the climate.  Certainly.

Indeed I do, I think that in this case the federal government is the proper authority to conduct(ed) the execution of studies of this nature, as has been done in the past.  This type of study fits perfectly under the USDA.

If both organizations can put forth a merited proposal of such studies, I would not be opposed to funding some of it.

I believe studies have already shown that anthropic emissions have a statistical significance.  http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/11/20/1314392110.abstract

Neal

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2014, 08:29:02 AM »

.... and those answers sir are exactly the reasons why I shall continue to object to this kind of wasteful U.S. taxpayer dollars spending until I am decomposing.  Thank you for your replies.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:33:27 AM by Sloppy_Snood »
New Holland TC33D 4WD

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »

.... and those answers sir are exactly the reasons why I shall continue to object to this kind of wasteful U.S. taxpayer dollars spending until I am decomposing.  Thank you for your replies.  :thumbup:
We fundamentally disagree.

You are welcome.   :thumbup:

Neal

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

:thumbup: :post: HIT HIM WITH YOUR PURSE   :thumbup: :thumbup:  this is better that saturday morning cartoons
Muir Ontario Canada

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

I'd be interested in some numbers, lets say comparing todays animals vs back say in the early 1800's when it would take one buffalo herd hours to go by. Just out of curiosity as I'm sure domesticated numbers are higher than the animals in the wild a few hundred years ago.

A interesting little factoid, the deer population in Indiana is actually higher now than when the state was settled by the white man. All the grain grown in the state makes for a high energy diet allowing more does to give birth to viable twins or even triplets.

Most of your gas from cows comes from a high corn diet, their fed all that corn to get the marbling in beef which the consumer demands.

Dairy cows are fed corn too of course, but not near what beef cattle are fed, too much corn will ruin a dairy cow vs a beef cow which the whole point is to get em fed out ASAP.

Personally I'm looking into getting certified as both humane and grass fed.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »

They just did a study and found out that only domesticated livestock fart, no other animals pass gas! Ok that was a joke, but I think I figured out the cause for dinosaur extinction, it was all the gigantic farts from millions of dinosaurs and they obviously suffocated :o
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »

Think about all the insects that fart after eating the decaying wood left to rot in the woods!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Sloppy_Snood

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

A interesting little factoid, the deer population in Indiana is actually higher now than when the state was settled by the white man. All the grain grown in the state makes for a high energy diet allowing more does to give birth to viable twins or even triplets.

Think about all the insects that fart after eating the decaying wood left to rot in the woods!

Sh-hh-hh-hh-hh-hhh-hhh guys..... the Methane Nazis are lurking around.  :-X :P :P :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by Sloppy_Snood »
New Holland TC33D 4WD

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »

could you imagine a dinosaur fart ???
Muir Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23