Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine  (Read 71901 times)

Homerglide

• OWF Brand: Orlan EKO
  • OWF Model: Out in the shop - Model 25 gasifier
    • View Profile
Re: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »

LIBERTY is worth discussing at all levels, do we not have the liberty to express our opinions without being chastised for it,

I am not sure if that is a question. I would say the answer is no, if it is a question. A person has a right, or the liberty to say whatever they choose if it is deemed allowable in their society. To expect not to be chastised, or not be supported for that matter has nothing to do with liberty. Does it?

I think a definition of the word liberty would be in order at this point. It is used quite often and I wonder how many people have an understanding of the word and its philosophical roots.

Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »

Websters, Liberty, the state of being free, freedom, my heart says that liberty is the ability to be free from any oppressor, rather it be govt. a dictator, or anyone else who i choose to be free from, when i speak of Liberty i am speaking about each and every person who chooses liberty to have the freedom to speak and do with his own body or property as he (or she) wishes, along with that liberty comes the responsibility to pay for his (or her) mistakes, the problem that i see happening here is some want the liberty to do dumb things that they want and to steal my money to pay for, that is a form of oppression that I as a libertarian will fight against till the day somebody shovels dirt in my face, you sir have the liberty to disagree with me and we can disagree, if you choose to use that to judge my character and hold it against me then we sir are not friends but instead enemies, Quick true story, While in Middleton Wisconsin testing the chip boiler 2 years ago I was hanging out at the bar next door to my motel waiting for my dinner and a gorgeous black haired black eyed obviously middle eastern young lady of about 22 years old walks by waiting tables, i noticed her name tag on the way by, when she came back I stopped her to ask about her name, I had never met anybody with that name so I was curious, obviously she thought that this strange old hippie was trying to pick her up, I assured her that I am a very happily married man and that I simply was curious, I asked her why a man or woman would name their most precious possession in the world that name, she told me that her DAD named her this as he escaped the Shah of IRAN and now lives in AMERICA, her name sir is LIBERTY, my question to you would be, if a man from IRAN knows what LIBERTY is all about then why in GODS name can we not instill this in our own citizens, answer FREE STUFF FOR VOTES!!!!!!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Homerglide

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »

Well then. Anyone who is so quick to establish enemies is no one for me to associate with.

Enjoy the remainder of your life and all that comes with it. The infrastructure to do your business, the military to protect you, the police, firefighters, communications, power lines, you know; everything that someone else has worked to establish for our use. And thank all of the other people who have been victimized by the government taxes that pays to support all of that.

Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »

Homer where in anything that slim said do you come up with the idea that he is against The infrastructure to do your business, the military to protect you, the police, firefighters, communications, power lines, you know; everything that someone else has worked to establish for our use. And thank all of the other people who have been victimized by the government taxes that pays to support all of that. He's talking about wasted spending! No need to interpret it the way you want just because you oppose. Here is an example he is talking about from my state for instance, they are planning on spending 100,000 on a silly study on how an existing bridge affects migrating birds! That's the wasteful spending he and most others have a problem with.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Homerglide

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »

I have seen many posts by that member crying about he pays too much. After his statement declaring us enemies, I chose to say what I feel about greedy all about my pocketbook type of a person. I am about the good of the whole rather than what is best for my pocketbook, when all are doing well, I do well right along side them.

I do understand that there is much waste in our governments. Until we decide to stand up to those who are controlling Washington, we will spend money to make a few richer while researching for a bridges worthiness. It is not our government, it is those with the purse strings who control government. I pay your campaign so much and you make sure I get this contract to do this that or the other. Corporate America has no business playing monopoly with our government.
Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »

I won't get into an argument with you about how you feel about the current government but I really don't think you have any business judging slim as you don't know his history and what he's been through in his life.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2014, 04:31:07 AM »

Thank you Jwood,  Homerglide you have no idea how close we are politically, there are many things that govt. Does that are necessary, allow me to give a few examples, roads and bridges, here in Maine our secondary roads are not good, like clockwork every 4 years there is a bond issue to raise money for repair of these at a cost to the taxpayer of about 6%  most people because of the matching federal funds will vote the bond issue in, I do not think it has ever been voted down, here is the tricky part, the last time I fueled my 2000 F250 ( obviously not a rich mans truck ) with diesel fuel to go do a job I think the sign on the pump stated the taxes on that fuel was 57 cents per gallon, that money was supposed to be held in a lockbox for the repair of roads and bridges just like your social security payment but instead somebody in our state legislature decided it could be better served in the general fund, again just like your social security payment, the general fund then uses that money in any way they choose to buy votes with FREE STUFF. 
  My 7 year old grandson was here last night with his Mom, I feel great shame that my generation has allowed this govt. to get to the point that his share of the federal debt is about $65,000, My Mom when she passed away from Cancer over 20 years ago left me with nothing other than memories because we were very poor, she also left me with no debt to my govt. Do you have any clue where I am going with this? do you not think it is time that the people of this great nation understand that the elite as well as govt. are working hand in hand to enslave its own citizens, the only way to stop the cycle is for us as individuals to take the responsibility for ourselves and use the liberty that our nation is known for to educate our young about how corrupt we as a nation can and have become, For the sake of my grandson I will do everything in my power to break the cycle before it is to late, STOP THE SPENDING, Corporate handouts, subsidies, Free Stuff for the citizens, govt funded methadone clinics, Monsanto, Solindra, do i need to go on. You are not my Enemy, that was a figure of speech sir and I think you know that, you have the Liberty to speak your mind and I urge you to do so, you are free for now and I  sincerely hope that we all stay that way, if you have a better idea on how to solve our debt problem then please feel free to speak up while you still can.

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2014, 05:31:28 AM »

When did it change that you didn't have be responsible for your own actions. Do this, do that. oh thats okay we will bail you out. We will help you with other peoples money. When is the last time anyone on this forum voted their own pay raises. The politicians are out of control.  Anything for a vote.
installed in 2014

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2014, 06:01:26 AM »

I won't get into an argument with you about how you feel about the current government but I really don't think you have any business judging slim as you don't know his history and what he's been through in his life.
Funny, you never were so quick to pick up the mantle for other members being judged oh so recently...

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2014, 06:06:23 AM »

When did it change that you didn't have be responsible for your own actions. Do this, do that. oh thats okay we will bail you out. We will help you with other peoples money. When is the last time anyone on this forum voted their own pay raises. The politicians are out of control.  Anything for a vote.
For a large majority it is still that way.  Politicians have been out of control for decades. 

The biggest fallacy in modern times is trickle down economics given to us by Reagan.  All the while spending the treasury and creating and increasing the military welfare.

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2014, 06:30:27 AM »

Neal, this is one of those areas that we can agree, I read someplace that we currently have over 900 military bases in something like 160 nations, this is all funded by the American taxpayer, i'm not sure but this might be overkill and designed to enrich the war mongers like John Mccain, this is only one of the wasteful programs that we have, PLEASE do not get me wrong, I do appreciate all of what our soldiers do and they should be rewarded as they have been promised but John Mccain and his war monger buddies must go, When Ron Paul started talking about the need to cut back on the number of bases overseas he was called a crazy old man by almost all the press, perhaps some of our problem is the way he was presented by the press, we simply need to STOP THE WASTEFUL SPENDING, overseas bases are in my opinion a good place to start.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2014, 06:38:10 AM »

Neal, this is one of those areas that we can agree, I read someplace that we currently have over 900 military bases in something like 160 nations, this is all funded by the American taxpayer, i'm not sure but this might be overkill and designed to enrich the war mongers like John Mccain, this is only one of the wasteful programs that we have, PLEASE do not get me wrong, I do appreciate all of what our soldiers do and they should be rewarded as they have been promised but John Mccain and his war monger buddies must go, When Ron Paul started talking about the need to cut back on the number of bases overseas he was called a crazy old man by almost all the press, perhaps some of our problem is the way he was presented by the press, we simply need to STOP THE WASTEFUL SPENDING, overseas bases are in my opinion a good place to start.

Gotta love Ron and Rand Paul!    But dont fret folks, hilary has vowed to save us all in 2016
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »

OH boy, you sure do know how to stir the pot, and here I thought I was bad, Please tell us Scott how is she going to save us and hold on a minute, a thought is coming, AT THIS POINT WHAT DOES IT REALLY MATTER.

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2014, 07:38:27 AM »

Who is going to save us from the Hilary?
installed in 2014

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 27, 2014, 07:41:40 AM »

Neal why dont you go back and read the post I originally disagreed with Homerglide on, he said when we talk politics we lose 50% of our credibility and I said that's BS so of course I'm going to side with slim,  I agree with slims views.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23