Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hoss  (Read 18427 times)

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
hoss
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »

Would like to see one burning . Any of u guys close to the knoxville tn area ?

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
Re: hoss
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »

I'm about 60 miles west of Nashville , between clarksville and dickson , it will be a couple weeks before I'm done  , I just set it on the pad yesterday , now I get to tear up the yard again ( I just ran all new water and electric to my greenhouse last spring ) have you checked with Jerry in shelbyville there at the shop  where they sell them ? , they usually have one hooked up and you can see how they are made
Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »

Yes I have talk with jerry seems to be a good guy. Just trying to see if there was one close enough for a evening run after work  just to check it out .

Michael

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnaces
  • OWF Model: 400 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »

If your are ready for a vacation I am in Illinois. 400 HE working as expected. I bought It sight unseen

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »

Micheal I am ready to come up can u help a man with a good deer hunting spot while am visiting.

stewie3500

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »

I have my 400 running in south east Ohio and love it. You are more than welcome to take a look at it. I thought Jerry was a very "stand up" fellow and i would do business with him again.
Ram 4500 C&C
Load Trail 14k dump trailer
Kubota m6060
Stihl MS 660
Stihl MS 460
Stihl MS 261
Stihl 08s

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »

Thanks for the replys like to see good reviews on a big investment for my family. I was just in Jackson Ohio last week hate I miss that chance to check u out .

mark

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: HOSS 300
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »

I just installed my HOSS 300 and I am very happy with it. I am south of Nashville in Pulaski Tn. I was also very please with Jerry at the factory in Shelbyville. He answered all my questions (even on the weekend) since I installed it myself.  I am heating about 3500 square feet and the ceilings are high.  I have kept the temperature at 162 degrees at the furnace and so far have had no problem keeping the house warm. The furnace is about 150' from the house. I would be glad to show anyone the install or answer any questions since I know now what is involved. This seems to be a very well built stove, is very easy to load and should keep me from paying the thousands of dollars of propane bills that I had last year.

One thing to remember on the install. If you are installing the heat exchanger into round duct work make sure to ask Jerry for the round to square sheet metal adapters for the heat exchanger. He will put that together for you.

Michael

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnaces
  • OWF Model: 400 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »

coondog1 I have deer in my back yard every day until deer season. I do not hunt I am right handed and left eye dominant. Can't aim nothing.

jb1978

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Hoss 300 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »

Coondog1 I am in bowling green ky and could show you one running. I can treat you to a bow hunt and maybe you could bring a Coon dog and we could put a few up!

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

Jb1978 When and were sounds like a good trip . What made u go with the HE unit instead of the single flue.

jb1978

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Hoss 300 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »

Coondog1 I am in bowling green ky. We can hunt here on my place. I am working this weekend but should be available to bow hunt next weekend. I am available to show you the furnace about any evening but don't get home in time to deer hunt. I went with the HE model for the extra tub's and that was all they had built at the time.

JS4466

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: TENNESSEE OUTDOOR FURNACE
  • OWF Model: HOSS 400 HE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »

I live in Tullahoma,South of Nashville. I have the 400HE  and I have plenty of heat for 5000 sqft.  When it is running there is nothing to see. You will see smoke then it cycles on, then nothing  only the heat waves out of the flue. I keep the boiler set at 135-145 and the house is comfortable. If I set the temp in the  boiler higher I will get a blast of heat that is too quick for the air inside the house to circulate .The owner , Terry  answered all my questions and helped with advice when I installed the boiler.I would do business with him again if I ever need to.

jborden3

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: tennessee outdoor
  • OWF Model: hoss 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 08:40:33 AM »

I see this post is a few months old do any of you know if he got one or got to look at one? If not i am sure jerry could tell him of some around where he lives.

coondog1

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »

Nope!! not seen a hoss but have got to see some heatmasters and central boilers ..  really liked heatmaster... Taxes will be here soon that's when we are going to buy...
Pages: [1] 2