Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: California going up in smoke?  (Read 1343 times)

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
California going up in smoke?
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:07:38 PM »

To all,

Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes and almost 4000 acres. I guess the EPA will be there taking samples of the air particles to see if the emissions are allowable!

I think if Wood Furnaces are a problem that this would be a billion times more of a hazard with the building materials going up in smoke too.

I done some reading on the EPA thing and from what I understand they are doing it to settle a law suit, making a deal sort of speaking to settle law suits.

My opinion is that the customers will cut out or by pass the emissions just like they did on the automobile catalytic converters. Then hook back up when needed.   

What say you?

Greg Steinacher
618-401-0726
www.midwestoutdoorfurnace.com

hobbyheater

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Kerr
  • OWF Model: Jetstream
    • View Profile
Re: California going up in smoke?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

I would guess 95% of folks will try and get around the regulations, so that puts me in the other 5%.
Clean burning  technology has been around since the early 80s but for most, it would appear to be very expensive.
I heat 3400 sq ft and DHW years round on 4 1/2 cords of Douglas fir.  Four years ago, we had new neighbour move in across the street.  Anyway, last spring when he saw us putting wood into the woodshed, he came over and asked "what did we do with the wood, did we sell it?" and I said no.  He thought that was kind of strange because he'd never seen smoke come out of our chimney.  The ultimate compliment!
We heat with a 30+ year old Jetstream and 1260 gallons of unpressurized storage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetstream_furnace
One Jetstream 30+ years and going strong!
1246 gallons storage
Second Jetstream awaiting its first fire

coolidge

• View Profile
Re: California going up in smoke?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »

But you also have to remember, the Government cant control the wildfires, they are trying to control us.
Western Maine