Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: looking for places to cut free firewood near lebanon,pa area  (Read 4185 times)

happycamper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
looking for places to cut free firewood near lebanon,pa area
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »

im looking for places to cut free firewood near lebanon,pa area

looks for hard woods only

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: looking for places to cut free firewood near lebanon,pa area
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:57:41 PM »

What I do is drive around and look for trees down along the roads . and look on creigs list for free wood 99%of it on there is cut up I just go pick it up .this year iam working on tree guys to bring wood cut to me a lot of trees down around me from sandy they have so much wood they cant handle it all
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

quaig

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: mahoning
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

ask the tree triming companys around you. one around me will dump in my driveway for gas money cheaper than driving and cutting myself.still have to drive and cut about half.. it helps

doo_hicky

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Royal(in process of putting it in pole barn)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »

Contact your local DCNR office.  The will sell you a permit and tell you where you can cut on state owned land.  I have not done this, but I know people that do it every year, they get some nice wood typically oak. 

Mike
Husky 353 w/20" bar

jcc273

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Thanks for the tip Mike!  I have 10 acres of trees, on my property but don't always want to cut all my own trees down and my family has lots of land but i am about 1.5hrs from where my family is.  Since i live in PA as well i thought i might as well post back for HappyCamper.  Here is the response i got from the PA forestry service:

Hello Jarrod,
Yes, we do have Fuelwood cutting permits available.  We have permits to cut in Oil Creek State Park and in the Cornplanter State Forest.  The permits are $15.00/cord.  If you would like one the procedure is:

Mail a check or money order for the number of cords you are going to cut along with your name, address, phone number, the license plate number on the truck you’ll be using and the area you would like to cut and I will mail one out to you.  Or you could bring a check or money order into the office in Warren and I will give you a permit there.  If you have any questions do not hesitate to call me at the phone number listed below.
(I live in the cornplanter forestry district)

Oil Creek state park i pass every day on my too and from work, i might have to cut a couple cords from there : ).

Here is the link to email them HappyCamper:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/directory/districtoffice/index.htm

-Jarrod
Jarrod
Hardy - H2
Northwestern PA

happycamper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »

What I do is drive around and look for trees down along the roads . and look on creigs list for free wood 99%of it on there is cut up I just go pick it up .this year iam working on tree guys to bring wood cut to me a lot of trees down around me from sandy they have so much wood they cant handle it all

you drive a round and look for trees a long the road
do you cut them up a long the road

i got lots of logs from a long the roads

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:27:51 AM »

you drive a round and look for trees a long the road
do you cut them up a long the road

i got lots of logs from a long the roads

if you drive along my road and stop  and cut my trees  , be prepared to ketch  big poop
Muir Ontario Canada