Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: H4 insulation  (Read 3813 times)

theronbt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: hardy
  • OWF Model: h4
    • View Profile
H4 insulation
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »

I was wondering if anybody else has tried to do anything more efficient with the insulation on a hardy stove. I replaced all my insulation about 4 years ago and recently looked at my insulation on the sides and top and it was about 1/2" thick now. I am not sure what caused this just looking for better ideas.

DaveWertz

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H4
    • View Profile
Re: H4 insulation
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:00 AM »

I have heard and seen people use spray foam insulation with good results. You could give that a try.
2001 F150 7700 series
06 Honda Rincon 680. Lifted and made for MUD
09 Harley Superglide custom
Stihl Farmboss 290

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:37 PM »

Spray foamed mine. Unfortunately the cover fits pretty tightly over the boiler and I did have to shave some off on the sides. Has about 3 inches on top and 1-2 inches on the side. None on the back. I had the guy spray it when he did my lines in the ground. I never ran it with fiberglass insulation so I don't know if it made a difference or not.

dumbodog00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:27:12 AM »

I was wondering if anybody else has tried to do anything more efficient with the insulation on a hardy stove. I replaced all my insulation about 4 years ago and recently looked at my insulation on the sides and top and it was about 1/2" thick now. I am not sure what caused this just looking for better ideas.

What type of insulation did you use? I would like to upgrade mine as well, but did not know what to use without making the shell larger.