Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Install  (Read 3284 times)

Radio Tech1964

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-1100
  • Stihl MS 250 John Deere CS 36 2013
    • View Profile
    • Weather Info
New Install
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »

Hi fellow OWB people  :)
I have finally completed one more item on my bucket list...getting an OWB !  I have been working,saving and scratching for the funding to get this done for at least 5 years now and last winter finally broke me! Being disabled with arthritis, degenerative disc disease and a heart problem I just plain could not afford the fuel oil  any longer. Fortunately I have a few easily accessed locations for wood and some really good friends to help with the cutting..and fortunately a wife that doesn't mind to get dirty :) SO far we have been using very little heat due to the goofy late fall season but we sure have been taking advantage of the hot water! I am really hoping that adding the Hawken will lower my electricity bill to at least $100  instead of the $200 plus a month!

Anyway I have several friends that own Hawken Energy boilers and are more than happy with their stoves and I decided long ago after calling and talking with the people who designed the stoves in Shelby that I would go with the same company.

Anyhow I am a new recruit here but no stranger to the HVAC world and burning wood and I look forward to talking with the "seasoned" operators about their experiences!

Wayne

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
Re: New Install
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

Welcome Wayne!  Lots of great minded people on this site willing to answer questions and help!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:36:15 AM »

Welcome to site Wayne.  You won't find a place with nicer people who are not afraid of sharing their expertise in this field with people who want to learn.  Enjoy that heat when it gets really cold outside.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:16 AM »

Welcome aboard Wayne, have you taken advantage of the monthly newsletter that Hawken puts out, I have been getting it for a couple of years, I especially like the joke of the month, we should be doing something similar, I have often thought about doing a story sort of like Charles Kuralt in my travels with installs, allowing folks to meet my install customers from around the country I think would be fun, some of them are as out there as I, what a great way to make a living. Anyway welcome and happy burning.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »

Welcome to the owb club Wayne! Congrats on the boiler and install. I am happy to report I am on my 8th season with my Hawken. Throw wood in it and forget it, can't  get much easier than that!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:27:17 PM by woodman »

Radio Tech1964

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-1100
  • Stihl MS 250 John Deere CS 36 2013
    • View Profile
    • Weather Info
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »

Thats what I love about these boilers,just load it and enjoy the heat and endless hot water!  So far what I'm burning is a mix of woods and also size. I have to say that we have been warmer this year than any previous year since we have owned this house!  New oil furnace but heck we couldn't afford to turn the thermostat above 70°!

Happy to be aboard the group here !