Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Temptations  (Read 1381 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Temptations
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »

So, Saturday my younger brother and I had some electrical issues in our main service panel that's been bugging us for quite some time.  I've come learn that there are some electricians who don't care what their work looks like inside the main service panel; the panel cover hides the mess.  The wires were a jumbled mess and it made it very difficult to trouble shoot problems when they showed their ugly heads.  So, we spent some time Saturday straightening it out.  In order to do that and protect ourselves we had to turn off the main breaker, killing all the power to anything attached to it.  It never registered to me that by doing that, it killed ALL the power to the ENTIRE house and, yes, OWB.  Fast forward 6 hours and I turn on the main service breaker to restore power to the house.  All is working great, and I hear the OWB blower motor turn on.  But, after a few minutes I realize there's no smoke coming from it.  I investigate.  Yup.  The fire is out.  Thankfully, it was a nice warm in the 60's day.  Using a propane torch, I stuck it inside the firebox but under the partially burned wood and turned it on.  I held the blower motor switch to activate the blower motor and after a couple of minutes the fire was roaring again.  Now for the temptation - I was really itching to get the motorcycle out and go for a ride but there's too much salt residue still on the roads to safely go for a spin.  Plus, all that sand if taken at the wrong angle will put you on your side in a hurry.  Needless to say it remains in the barn under cover until nicer and cleaner roads will allow for riding without the fear of putting her/me on her side.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

coolidge

• View Profile
Re: Temptations
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »