Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine  (Read 71924 times)

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
Re: our wood stoves are horrible but epa thinks this is fine
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »

All I know is we broke records on how cold this winter was so please tell me what the scientist suggest was the reasoning?
I understand that is all you know.  Congratulations.

Which scientist said cold records can't happen exactly?

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »

But I thought the world is getting warmer? So Neal are you doing your part as far as correcting the problem?
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »

But I thought the world is getting warmer? So Neal are you doing your part as far as correcting the problem?
How did you think that?  You just said all you know is that your house had record cold.

Not much of anything.  Is there something I should do or said should be done?

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »

That's entirely up to you Neal, you apparently have the facts the rest of us according to are just ignorant.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »

That's entirely up to you Neal, you apparently have the facts the rest of us according to are just ignorant.
Indeed it is.

Not to worry, many people are.  They would rather sick their heads in the sand and believe some nonsense than do a little research themselves.

Neal

PitMan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »

You researched global warming? Do tell....

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »

You researched global warming? Do tell....
It's in here:

http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170.0

Have a read.   :thumbup:

Neal

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLL"

He'll never go away if we all keep feedin' him guys!

We can all see 'ol Nealie for what he is, but he's convinced himself that he's something entirely different.

Just leave him be and maybe he'll take to trolling elsewhere.
You have no idea what I am, and I sure as hell am not a troll.  I have not started any threads about anything other than legitimate OWF topics.

The issue here is I'm not ignorant, and have the ability to admit our planet has warmed over the past two hundred years at a very significant rate.   That doesn't make me a liberal, a troll, an animal rights nut, or any such label that has been bandied about here.  It makes me a realist.  If you, or anyone else here can't handle evidence and factual data to back up a correct position I pity you.

Neal

http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76469&page=3

How about the NaturallyAspirated Neal on this site. Is this you?

Ya, you are a troll. By anyone's definition.

Recreational snowmobiling causes Global Warmin', right? 
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

Why don't you read this Neal I don't need to plead my case to you anymore, believing your one theory based on 200 years is your version of sticking your head in the sand, and yes we all believe you are a liberal! Make sure you read it
 Global warming has finally been explained: the Earth is getting hotter because the Sun is burning more brightly than at any time during the past 1,000 years, according to new research.

A study by Swiss and German scientists suggests that increasing radiation from the sun is responsible for recent global climate changes.

Dr Sami Solanki, the director of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Gottingen, Germany, who led the research, said: "The Sun has been at its strongest over the past 60 years and may now be affecting global temperatures.

"The Sun is in a changed state. It is brighter than it was a few hundred years ago and this brightening started relatively recently - in the last 100 to 150 years."

Dr Solanki said that the brighter Sun and higher levels of "greenhouse gases", such as carbon dioxide, both contributed to the change in the Earth's temperature but it was impossible to say which had the greater impact.

Average global temperatures have increased by about 0.2 deg Celsius over the past 20 years and are widely believed to be responsible for new extremes in weather patterns. After pressure from environmentalists, politicians agreed the Kyoto Protocol in 1997, promising to limit greenhouse gas emissions between 2008 and 2012. Britain ratified the protocol in 2002 and said it would cut emissions by 12.5 per cent from 1990 levels.

Globally, 1997, 1998 and 2002 were the hottest years since worldwide weather records were first collated in 1860.

Most scientists agree that greenhouse gases from fossil fuels have contributed to the warming of the planet in the past few decades but have questioned whether a brighter Sun is also responsible for rising temperatures.

To determine the Sun's role in global warming, Dr Solanki's research team measured magnetic zones on the Sun's surface known as sunspots, which are believed to intensify the Sun's energy output.

The team studied sunspot data going back several hundred years. They found that a dearth of sunspots signalled a cold period - which could last up to 50 years -but that over the past century their numbers had increased as the Earth's climate grew steadily warmer. The scientists also compared data from ice samples collected during an expedition to Greenland in 1991. The most recent samples contained the lowest recorded levels of beryllium 10 for more than 1,000 years. Beryllium 10 is a particle created by cosmic rays that decreases in the Earth's atmosphere as the magnetic energy from the Sun increases. Scientists can currently trace beryllium 10 levels back 1,150 years.

Dr Solanki does not know what is causing the Sun to burn brighter now or how long this cycle would last.

He says that the increased solar brightness over the past 20 years has not been enough to cause the observed climate changes but believes that the impact of more intense sunshine on the ozone layer and on cloud cover could be affecting the climate more than the sunlight itself.

Dr Bill Burrows, a climatologist and a member of the Royal Meteorological Society, welcomed Dr Solanki's research. "While the established view remains that the sun cannot be responsible for all the climate changes we have seen in the past 50 years or so, this study is certainly significant," he said.

"It shows that there is enough happening on the solar front to merit further research. Perhaps we are devoting too many resources to correcting human effects on the climate without being sure that we are the major contributor."

Dr David Viner, the senior research scientist at the University of East Anglia's climatic research unit, said the research showed that the sun did have an effect on global warming.

He added, however, that the study also showed that over the past 20 years the number of sunspots had remained roughly constant, while the Earth's temperature had continued to increase.

This suggested that over the past 20 years, human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation had begun to dominate "the natural factors involved in climate change", he said.

Dr Gareth Jones, a climate researcher at the Met Office, said that Dr Solanki's findings were inconclusive because the study had not incorporated other potential climate change factors.

"The Sun's radiance may well have an impact on climate change but it needs to be looked at in conjunction with other factors such as greenhouse gases, sulphate aerosols and volcano activity," he said. The research adds weight to the views of David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.

"Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLL"

We can all see 'ol Nealie for what he is, but he's convinced himself that he's something entirely different.

You have no idea what I am, and I sure as hell am not a troll.  I have not started any threads about anything other than legitimate OWF topics.

The issue here is I'm not ignorant, and have the ability to admit our planet has warmed over the past two hundred years at a very significant rate.   That doesn't make me a liberal, a troll, an animal rights nut, or any such label that has been bandied about here.  It makes me a realist.  If you, or anyone else here can't handle evidence and factual data to back up a correct position I pity you.

Neal

LOL....  Marty, I need to call u, just not had time

Recreational snowmobiling causing global warming, that says enough lol. Geez Louise
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »

Scott busted you Neal! What a troll!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLL"

Neal

Indeed it is.

Bullcrap if I am, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word.  If I was a troll I wouldn't start two massive threads about by proposed building ideas, which include an OWF as an integral component. 
http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72951#entry2710831

If I was a troll, I wouldn't consistently promote the same positions, and data sources I do on that site, as I do here.

Here, have a read, most of the qualifications apply to those attacking me, not the other way round...
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/weirdwebculture/f/what-is-an-internet-troll.htm

Indeed it does, pretty much everything we do does.

Neal

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »

Scott busted you Neal! What a troll!
No.

You simply don't understand what the definition of a troll is and are jumping on the bandwagon without any forethought.

Neal

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »

We need a troll icon!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

NaturallyAspirated

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »

Why don't you read this Neal I don't need to plead my case to you anymore, believing your one theory based on 200 years is your version of sticking your head in the sand, and yes we all believe you are a liberal! Make sure you read it
 Global warming has finally been explained: the Earth is getting hotter because the Sun is burning more brightly than at any time during the past 1,000 years, according to new research.

A study by Swiss and German scientists suggests that increasing radiation from the sun is responsible for recent global climate changes.

Dr Sami Solanki, the director of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Gottingen, Germany, who led the research, said: "The Sun has been at its strongest over the past 60 years and may now be affecting global temperatures.

"The Sun is in a changed state. It is brighter than it was a few hundred years ago and this brightening started relatively recently - in the last 100 to 150 years."

Dr Solanki said that the brighter Sun and higher levels of "greenhouse gases", such as carbon dioxide, both contributed to the change in the Earth's temperature but it was impossible to say which had the greater impact.

Average global temperatures have increased by about 0.2 deg Celsius over the past 20 years and are widely believed to be responsible for new extremes in weather patterns. After pressure from environmentalists, politicians agreed the Kyoto Protocol in 1997, promising to limit greenhouse gas emissions between 2008 and 2012. Britain ratified the protocol in 2002 and said it would cut emissions by 12.5 per cent from 1990 levels.

Globally, 1997, 1998 and 2002 were the hottest years since worldwide weather records were first collated in 1860.

Most scientists agree that greenhouse gases from fossil fuels have contributed to the warming of the planet in the past few decades but have questioned whether a brighter Sun is also responsible for rising temperatures.

To determine the Sun's role in global warming, Dr Solanki's research team measured magnetic zones on the Sun's surface known as sunspots, which are believed to intensify the Sun's energy output.

The team studied sunspot data going back several hundred years. They found that a dearth of sunspots signalled a cold period - which could last up to 50 years -but that over the past century their numbers had increased as the Earth's climate grew steadily warmer. The scientists also compared data from ice samples collected during an expedition to Greenland in 1991. The most recent samples contained the lowest recorded levels of beryllium 10 for more than 1,000 years. Beryllium 10 is a particle created by cosmic rays that decreases in the Earth's atmosphere as the magnetic energy from the Sun increases. Scientists can currently trace beryllium 10 levels back 1,150 years.

Dr Solanki does not know what is causing the Sun to burn brighter now or how long this cycle would last.

He says that the increased solar brightness over the past 20 years has not been enough to cause the observed climate changes but believes that the impact of more intense sunshine on the ozone layer and on cloud cover could be affecting the climate more than the sunlight itself.

Dr Bill Burrows, a climatologist and a member of the Royal Meteorological Society, welcomed Dr Solanki's research. "While the established view remains that the sun cannot be responsible for all the climate changes we have seen in the past 50 years or so, this study is certainly significant," he said.

"It shows that there is enough happening on the solar front to merit further research. Perhaps we are devoting too many resources to correcting human effects on the climate without being sure that we are the major contributor."

Dr David Viner, the senior research scientist at the University of East Anglia's climatic research unit, said the research showed that the sun did have an effect on global warming.

He added, however, that the study also showed that over the past 20 years the number of sunspots had remained roughly constant, while the Earth's temperature had continued to increase.

This suggested that over the past 20 years, human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation had begun to dominate "the natural factors involved in climate change", he said.

Dr Gareth Jones, a climate researcher at the Met Office, said that Dr Solanki's findings were inconclusive because the study had not incorporated other potential climate change factors.

"The Sun's radiance may well have an impact on climate change but it needs to be looked at in conjunction with other factors such as greenhouse gases, sulphate aerosols and volcano activity," he said. The research adds weight to the views of David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.

"Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."
That seems to be in stark contrast to what GISS and Krivova et al data shows:

Neal
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23