Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Leaking Crown Royal OWB Stove Burner boiler  (Read 15640 times)

millson

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Crown Royal
  • OWF Model: RS7400
    • View Profile
Leaking Crown Royal OWB Stove Burner boiler
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »

I own a Crown royal CR7400 OWB for the last four years. It has developed leaks along both walls of the ash tray compartment 1 1/2 inch below the shaker Grates. Has any other Crown Royal owner seen this with their stoves? >:(

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
Re: Leaking Crown Royal OWB Stove Burner boiler
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »

Well according to there web sight there is a 20 yr. limited warranty..Being only 4 yrs. old. I would think your 100% covered unless there's abuse/ lack of maintenance..That would be the loop hole of them not covering you
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »

This is my leaking Crown Royal OWB Boiler Stove after just four years. Inside weld along the side wall of the ash pan compartment.

[attachment deleted by admin]

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »

This is my leaking Crown Royal OWB Boiler Stove after just four years. Inside weld along the side wall of the ash pan compartment.
There are about 10 or more of these holes along the welds located inside the side walls of the ash pan compartment.

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

I own a Crown royal CR7400 OWB for the last four years. It has developed leaks along both walls of the ash tray compartment 1 1/2 inch below the shaker Grates. Has any other Crown Royal owner seen this with their stoves? >:(

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »

Exterior weld after four years.

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

millson

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »

How thick is the metal on this stove? What did the dealer say about this? Are they going to cover it?
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »

Bull it's likely 10 gauge 409

As far as the holes, that's a bad place for them to occur.  Have you seen any moisture in your ash pan before?

What kind of chemical do you use?
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

WMSmoke

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 03:50:47 AM »

I have a Crown Royal 7300 and I am seeing moisture at the ash door. This unit has only been through 1 season of burning. I just started a fire in it two day's ago. I am going to contact the manufacturer today. I am not happy. I thought at first it was condensation but it keeps coming. >:(

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »

I have a Crown Royal 7300 and I am seeing moisture at the ash door. This unit has only been through 1 season of burning. I just started a fire in it two day's ago. I am going to contact the manufacturer today. I am not happy. I thought at first it was condensation but it keeps coming. >:(

Moisture at the sh door could very likely be condensation,but keep looking for a source
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

WMSmoke

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »

Yes it is condensation I jumped the gun on this one. The good news is I have established a contact at the OEM. Very nice and knowledgeable. I have an 80' run to my house what is reasonable for heat loss between the boiler and house. I think I am seeing betwwen 6 and 10 degrees. I used the foil/foam triple wrap inside of corrugated pipe. Thanks for responding Scott.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »

Yes it is condensation I jumped the gun on this one. The good news is I have established a contact at the OEM. Very nice and knowledgeable. I have an 80' run to my house what is reasonable for heat loss between the boiler and house. I think I am seeing betwwen 6 and 10 degrees. I used the foil/foam triple wrap inside of corrugated pipe. Thanks for responding Scott.
if you are losing ten degrees (depending on gpm you are pumping) you could be losing half the heat it takes to likley heat your home

most installers will tell you they like to see your return water going back to yoru stove  (when your home is calling for heat) not more than - 20 degrees from the delivery temps. so if you lost that 20 to heat a home and you are losing 10 you are actually losing half the heat it takes to heat your home?

anyway 6 might be tolerable but ten is costing a lot of wood
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:13:32 PM by willieG »
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »

The first thing to do is find out if your temperature readings are correct. Most of the time the thermometer in the house is just reading wrong.
The next is to find out roughly how fast the water is moving. If you are getting very little flow you will have a much higher temperature drop.
Another thing to consider is if you pex lines are touching together all the way underground, check the temper difference from the house back to the boiler and then average the temperature drop of the two. Some of the temp drop is actually going back into the boiler and not getting wasted.
Pages: [1] 2