Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

Are prior or previous owners of Hawken happy with their OWB?

yes
- 14 (56%)
no
- 11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Pleased with Hawken?  (Read 30384 times)

chadley

• OWF Brand: none-looking
    • View Profile
Pleased with Hawken?
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:16 PM »

I've heard conflicting reviews on Hawken OWB's.  Most have been good but the ones that are bad have been real bad.  I want to see the number of people who are happy with Hawken vs. the number who aren't.  Thanks

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Pleased with Hawken?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »

Don't think you'll find enough hawken owners to do ya much good on here...  In my area they are frowned upon. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »

As I said in another post I am in my 5th season with my hawken. Even though I am at the upper end or a little beyond the "rated" heating area, I have easily been going from 5:00pm till noon the next day (with temps around 0 at night and teens during the day). I am very happy with it, as it has worked the way it is suppose to and has saved me a lot of money keeping my house comfortable. That said, there appears to be some guys that had trouble and spent ALOT of time online saying how bad hawken is. If you come across these posts, they all seem to be made by the same 3 or 4 people. So there you go another conflicting review. Don't you just LOVE researcing online.     

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »

As I said in another post I am in my 5th season with my hawken. Even though I am at the upper end or a little beyond the "rated" heating area, I have easily been going from 5:00pm till noon the next day (with temps around 0 at night and teens during the day). I am very happy with it, as it has worked the way it is suppose to and has saved me a lot of money keeping my house comfortable. That said, there appears to be some guys that had trouble and spent ALOT of time online saying how bad hawken is. If you come across these posts, they all seem to be made by the same 3 or 4 people. So there you go another conflicting review. Don't you just LOVE researcing online.     
i agree woodman..some folks that have bad luck maybe install wrong and have problems..some may jsut have bought from a dealer who is only in it for money and does no follow ups or had knowledge enough to help. some may truly get a "lemon" (it happens with all things) i would say mostof these stoves that are still around do work..some better than others and maybe the most exspensive ones are not always the best..some times all those special bells and whistles are just added features to try and get the customer to believe they are buying a caddilac?

there are some to stay away from i guess but i dont really know. from, reading on this site it seems that CB gets the nod for a good stove but maybe that is because we have more cb owners on here?

if you are looking for a stove don't jsut take what you find on one site, visit them all and get a more informed decision

if you are a bit of a tinkerer you can make any of them work i think...jsut make sure you get one big enough to handle yoru load
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

puzzled owner

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »

I am impressed with Hawken and their staff.  They have been very willing to help me through out and I have nothing bad to say about them.  My sales rep has been very easy to deal with and everyone up there will help you out.  I did a lot of research and talked with a lot of owners before buying.  Doing internet research is good, but an educated buyer must realize that not everything online is helpful.  Talk to real owners and you will get the best perspective into a company/product.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »

I am impressed with Hawken and their staff.  They have been very willing to help me through out and I have nothing bad to say about them.  My sales rep has been very easy to deal with and everyone up there will help you out.  I did a lot of research and talked with a lot of owners before buying.  Doing internet research is good, but an educated buyer must realize that not everything online is helpful.  Talk to real owners and you will get the best perspective into a company/product.

Well well well....   What happened to your 4 page long saga of how they wouldn't do anything at all to help?  That your stove could never get up to temp?  That your stove smoked bad even when gassifying?!?  I mean you went through the ringer and had a lot of folks here scratching there heads trying to figure it out and help, then bam, there awesome? 

To me this is kind of disturbing, I'm wondering who deleted all of that and why!  If that's how things are going to be handled around here then it won't last long, you had real concerns and real problems then suddenly it all disappears

It went for what could be a learning experience to everyone, to, well nothing
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

woodman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »

This is really strange. That post was made by a different person last night, now it has puzzled owners name on it? And where did his problem post go? The whole thing seemed strange from the start and his story never really made any sence. And why are there 4 negatives and only 1 positive in the poll but there are only positive comments in the thread?     

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »

I think his problems were legit....  He had an air issue somewhere, and now it all vanishes

I think a moderator or admin would have to make those changes right???   

The best thing about this site was that it was truly free speech and if you said it, it was accepted and respected and not deleted because someone got upset or offended
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

woodman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »

I guess it was legit, I just find it hard to believe a factory tech can't tell if his furnace was gassifying or not. There is a remove button in the threads, but can a person remove the entire thread? I don't know seems like you said a mod or adminis could only do that.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »

It sure don't smell right, yesterday he was frustrated and last night he becomes a "guest" and starts praising them! 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

woodman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »

I am going to start a "test" thread in the general forum, you type something after it and I will see if I can remove the entire thread by removing my first post.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »

I have deleted an entire thread but forget how
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

woodman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »

Yep there is a remove topic button at the bottom of the thread. I don't know what to think.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 08:29:48 AM »

So u can delete it but that don't explain a total change of story and changing to guest
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »

I did receive confirmation he removed it himself and hawken was trying to take care of him...   

It is still good to let everyone see the whole story I beleive, because there is always something to learn
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6