Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I've looked at them all  (Read 5564 times)

f150bft

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
  • "Never argue with a fool" in North East Tennessee
    • View Profile
I've looked at them all
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

I've looked at them all and spent hours on the phone and the web. Everybody I have talked to has the best stove out there. Some I have called to ask about said they had trouble just getting the brand I was asking about, but they also sold this "other" brand that was as good? I have looked into the stainless and the mild steel and the rolled steel. The dealer that struck me the most helpful was my local Hawken dealer. He answered my questions and we discussed other brands as well. He even suggested that I should call the factory and talk to a tech guy. I sent an e-mail to them stating that I may have a few technical questions and was looking at buying in the future. I soon had a message left on my home answering machine and before I had a chance to call back they had called me again. I talked to a very nice lady and she let me talk to their tech guy. He had explained how a few things worked on the stoves and why they had went that way in the design. I was concerned why other designs had different features and theirs was much simpler sounding. I was assured that they had tried the other ways and they didn't work very well for their design.  Unless some one can tell me why I shouldn't get one, I do believe I am going with a Hawken HE 1100. They are the only one that has a 20 year non prorated on the fire box and is made from structural steel. Thanks for letting me rattle on and I look forward to any or all replies.

Kevin
Husqvarna Rancher 460
Homelite Super XL
1992 F150
1970 Wheel Horse Raider 12
1966 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger
2009 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
N.E. Tennessee

Johnv656

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: I've looked at them all
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »

Kevin

Where are you located?  I have the 2100 and couldn't be happier. Would be happy to show you my install if you are in the central Michigan area.

As you stated, the rep I deal with is very helpful and knowledgable. I even went and picked mine up from there factory and everyone was very helpful there also.

I also looked at several other brands before deciding on Hawken, and customer service was one of my deciding factors.
They were quick to respond everytime I had a question.
One of the other brands I looked has a rep that lives about 2 miles from me, I called him to look at the stoves he had and he was to busy to show me their product and did not want to schedule a time.
Anyway, about 1 1/2 weeks later he calls me and wants me to drop everything and come look at his stoves. Told I just purchased one 2 days earlier and he starts raising his voice on the phone saying I never gave him an opportunity.
I am definitly glad I did not buy a BurnRite

12valve

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL-3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »

My first year with a HE 2100 so far so good.  I actually am very happy with it.

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »

Nearing the end of my 6th heating season with my he1000. I have not had any issues with the furnace, it simply works as it should. The couple times I had questions or concerns I was always greeted by a happy voice on the other end of the line at the factory. 

f150bft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »

Well I decided to look once more to see if any thing else was worth checking into before I called the Hawken dealer. I ran across an American Royal brand that was about $1300 cheaper and looked like it was made like the Hawken. I called the guy and talked with him a few minutes and of course his is the best out there.
 Any of you Hawken guys heard of this one?  :-\
Husqvarna Rancher 460
Homelite Super XL
1992 F150
N.E. Tennessee

Johnv656

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »

Yep, I looked at them also.

Hawken just gave me a better feeling after speaking with them, and the factory is within a few hours of me

joehawken

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: GX10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:10:13 PM »

American Royal is a new product to me.  I have not heard of them before today and I have been selling boilers for Hawken and before Pro Fab for 5 years.  Perhaps they have been around and were very local, but not a nationally recognized name.
That said - I have no opinion and wish you luck on your final purchase.

To the earlier poster - Hawken warranty is pro-rated over 20 years.  We consider our warranty the industry best.

f150bft

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »

"To the earlier poster - Hawken warranty is pro-rated over 20 years.  We consider our warranty the industry best.
[/quote]
It doesn't say it is pro-rated. What are the terms?
Husqvarna Rancher 460
Homelite Super XL
1992 F150
N.E. Tennessee

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile