Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: First load of pine two cords.  (Read 2098 times)

intensedrive

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
First load of pine two cords.
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:37:50 PM »

Man this stuff burns hot, the load consists of big logs, makes it easy to fill the boiler.  Burn time is slightly lower but for the price I'm amazed how well it burns. Beats the hell out of green hardwood this time of year which most delivery guys have.  My backyard is full of pine for the fraction of the costs.  I'm converted.

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: First load of pine two cords.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 11:54:05 AM »

I burn a lot of Pine . Love it ! Most of it is green. And the best part it’s free. The tree companies bring it to me all cut . Around here they have to pay to get rid of it . So I make them bring it cut.
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

BoilerHouse

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Fire Tube/Water Tube
    • View Profile
Re: First load of pine two cords.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:23:32 PM »

I got some free pine logs a couple years ago from a neighbour, who paid a company to take the trees down.  They do burn hot and fast, but don't throw off a lot of heat.  I like when they snap, crackle, and pop in a wood stove or a camp fire, but for the boiler I will still prefer hard maple.
Muskoka, Ont