Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Older bro was lucky this AM  (Read 2705 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Older bro was lucky this AM
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »

Early this morning around 5:00am one of my older brother's was heading to work.  The temps were around -15 to -20, depending on which area you were in, so it was dang cold.  He's driving minding his own business when a telephone pole he's driving by, snaps.  He saw it in time to swerve out of the way only to be hit by the large transformer on the drivers side of the cab.  The entire side of his truck from the head light area to the cab suffered severe damage.  The "A" post on the drivers side was driven down into the drivers compartment, shattering the windshield; he walked away without a scratch!  To see the damage to the cab and know he walked away without a scratch is a miracle in itself.  It wasn't his day to go.  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Older bro was lucky this AM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:12 AM »

Holy crap!!! Glad he's okay! Those freak acts of nature are always a scary thing

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »

Wow. Glad to hear he was ok.

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »

Whew- thank God he's OK. All the miles I've driven and never hit more than a deer. Rarely give it a thought...
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »

We're all glad he's okay.  I guess when driving down the road to where ever, you never give a thought that a telephone pole, tree, etc... could fall.  As the saying goes, gravity sucks.  I guess when the good Lord calls you home, you go, but when it's not your turn, you tell people about it.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

duramax

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »

We're all glad he's okay.  I guess when driving down the road to where ever, you never give a thought that a telephone pole, tree, etc... could fall.  As the saying goes, gravity sucks.  I guess when the good Lord calls you home, you go, but when it's not your turn, you tell people about it.  Roger

When people say God never performs any miracles now days I have to sigh. How often do we pray for something and when it happens it gets written off as luck. Gravity will win eventually or quickly. Glad he was ok. This cold weather sucks but they are saying a warm up for this week.
Central Boiler E 1450 Homemade 13 hp wood splitter, Kubota L 3800 tractor

Bigbaddave

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Crown royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 07:04:12 AM »

:post: :thumbup:
Northeast Ohio

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »

When people say God never performs any miracles now days I have to sigh. How often do we pray for something and when it happens it gets written off as luck. Gravity will win eventually or quickly. Glad he was ok. This cold weather sucks but they are saying a warm up for this week.

duramax - if you could have seen his truck, it was a miracle that he didn't get hurt.  We are sure God's loving hand protected him that morning.  During my EMS days I saw vehicles with less damage and have a fatality.  My brother's guardian angel has to be the busiest one.  During his working construction days, he fell 2 1/2 stories onto a freshly delivered pile of sand next to the building.  The truck driver put it in the wrong place.  No he didn't, it was in the right place.  The day before his wedding, was putting shingles on the roof of the house he was building.  The rigger for the well drillers was drilling next to his house.  Unknown to everyone a hydraulic hose had ruptured and sprayed hydraulic oil on the roof on which he was working.  My bro tossed a bundle of shingles out of the way only to have it go flying off the roof.  He didn't think anything about it until he stepped in that direction.  As soon as his feet hit the oil, he took off.  The only thing that prevented him from falling off the roof is he was able to drive the ears of his hammer into the sheathing just enough to stop him.  He stopped only 3 or 4 inches from the end of the roof.  I could go on and on about the things that have happened to him.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 10:27:02 AM »

duramax - if you could have seen his truck, it was a miracle that he didn't get hurt.  We are sure God's loving hand protected him that morning.  During my EMS days I saw vehicles with less damage and have a fatality.  My brother's guardian angel has to be the busiest one.  During his working construction days, he fell 2 1/2 stories onto a freshly delivered pile of sand next to the building.  The truck driver put it in the wrong place.  No he didn't, it was in the right place.  The day before his wedding, was putting shingles on the roof of the house he was building.  The rigger for the well drillers was drilling next to his house.  Unknown to everyone a hydraulic hose had ruptured and sprayed hydraulic oil on the roof on which he was working.  My bro tossed a bundle of shingles out of the way only to have it go flying off the roof.  He didn't think anything about it until he stepped in that direction.  As soon as his feet hit the oil, he took off.  The only thing that prevented him from falling off the roof is he was able to drive the ears of his hammer into the sheathing just enough to stop him.  He stopped only 3 or 4 inches from the end of the roof.  I could go on and on about the things that have happened to him.  Roger   

Sounds like staying on the ground would be a benefit for the poor guy

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »

Sounds like staying on the ground would be a benefit for the poor guy

:post: 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »

I’ve done the roof thing, however a pic collapsed and I drove the claw end right thru the sheeting, then the rubber handle slid off the shaft….

Was an 14-12 so the edge wasn’t that far off the ground.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana