Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: a question  (Read 8446 times)

mecktom

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
a question
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »

What is going or gone on between Taylor and Legend? I guess I am completely out of the loop but need some information. I have been using a Taylor for 20 years....same stove, knock on wood,  and now I hear things good about Legend.

May need to get another and am searching for information.

Thanks!

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile
Re: a question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »

The only thing I know is Thad Shipman ran the shop for Taylor for years.  He left and went on his on and started building Legend.  From what I have read, he worked off the Taylor and made some changes and it became the Legend.

mecktom

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:24:48 AM »

Thanks Jerkash...I live in Southern Va. and Taylor was the most talked about boiler when I purchased mine. I bought it in Jan. of 1992 so I am thinking it may be time to replace it but on the otherhand maybe I should just keep it. It has been a great investment and don't know if I could go without it.

Thanks again.

koutsman

• OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »

mecktom,

Good,bad,or ugly, that taylor owes you nothing!!!!!   If my Legend lasts that long , it will probably take me to the grave with it!!!!   That's great mecktom glad to hear it!!! :thumbup:
Kouts, Indiana
Legend 6180 - Installed 11/09
STIHL Farm Boss 20"

mecktom

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:39:44 PM »

Koutsman you are exactly right. My Taylor has been a good one and I do hope it lasts a few more years. Never had any real problem with it...replaced the fan about 5 years ago and it does need a gasket on the door now. We love that thing and like the way the Legend looks. Stay warm out there friend.

Trumpet01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 07:50:01 AM »

We also live in southern Va. We purchased our Legend stove last September. The Taylor stoves are very good, but one of the deciding factors for our purchase was that the Legend qualified for the $1500.00 tax credit. We have friends that have Taylor stoves and they are very good stoves. We have really enjoyed the Legend and the sales reps,Setliff and Co., and Legend customer service are very good.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »

I didn't know Legend made a gassifier. At least thats what I am assuming if they qualified for the tax rebate.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »

They did not pass any EPA testing nor pay to have it done!  Just another scam like shaver was doing.  Natures comfort on the other hand took advantage of the flawed EPA testing to get theirs approved, no way were they efficient enough to pass without it.  As far as efficiency goes, I think anyone who's been around different brands very much can tell you Taylor is one of the least efficient, legend is a fancied up copy of Taylor.

Bottom line is there is a lot of companies claiming to qualify for the tax credit.  In reality the customers are able to get there tax credits because the paperwork is so sloppy on all of this.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

rhugg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »

Are you sure that is true,  I have a 2010 Cert that says Legend did pass the old test. They did not pay to recertify in 2011 as I understand.  Maybe the tougher standard test, maybe the excessive test cost.

jerkash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »

As per Thad Shipman, the owner of Legend, he is just starting to work on a gasifier furnace.

jerkash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »

I could see where the Legend passed the 2010 cert.  Mine hardly ever smokes.

Trumpet01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »

No Sam. I received the paperwork and turned it in with my 2010 taxes. CPA filed it and I got my tax credit !

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

My point is you coulda turned in s receipt for anything, I know 2-3 customers who turned in stoves that were never even tested that got back 1500.  Loop holes you could drive a semi through.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

koutsman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »

You know I usually sit back and just read and try to learn on this forum and I've come to  conclusion that a couple of people on this page (and you know who you are) have the answer to everyone's question!!! You think, anyway. You know, I hope when I'm as old as you someday that I will know everythingabout everything just like you!!!
Kouts, Indiana
Legend 6180 - Installed 11/09
STIHL Farm Boss 20"

jerkash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 05:28:01 AM »

Somebody done "Hit a Nerve"  :post:
Pages: [1] 2