Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: earth or wood master?  (Read 6434 times)

tanner

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 4135
    • View Profile
earth or wood master?
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »

I am new to the owb's and i have been looking at buying one for the simple fact theres no way i can pay the high gas prices any more.  My only prob is i cant figer out witch one would be the best for me.  I think i have narrowed it down to earth or wood master the only thing that worrys me abt earth is the thickness of the fire box.  I was just wondering if anybody had some advice?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: earth or wood master?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »

Wood master has been around forever and is a reliable company.  They didn't pop up recently like earth, therefore I feel your more likely to get goof service if something were to go wrong from wood master.   The thick firebox on earth really hurts there efficiency.  When comparing those 2, wood master is the obvious winner, earth seems to be well built but if those were my choices it's woodmaster
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

tanner

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 4135
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »

yea thats what im leaning towards more is the wood master.  For one thers a dealer close by and another ive herd a few bad things abt the thickness of the fire boxs as far as losing heat.  But the wood master doesnt have a real big water chamber and i aslo herd that would hurt you.  The wood master doesnt have a ash box i also herd that when the ashes sits in your fire box it acts kinda like insalation. Like i said im new to them i dnt no nothing but what ive herd so im nt saying any of thats true. :)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »

yea thats what im leaning towards more is the wood master.  For one thers a dealer close by and another ive herd a few bad things abt the thickness of the fire boxs as far as losing heat.  But the wood master doesnt have a real big water chamber and i aslo herd that would hurt you.  The wood master doesnt have a ash box i also herd that when the ashes sits in your fire box it acts kinda like insalation. Like i said im new to them i dnt no nothing but what ive herd so im nt saying any of thats true. :)

Parts of what your hearing is true.   I have no dog inthe fight and will tell you what I've learned from experience.  Grates are nice, but the way earth does there grates would just be a headache.  The ash in the wood master will almost look like liquid when it burns completely up, if yout burning good wood you won't have to take much ash out. 

The water gallons is highly over rated, some of the highest efficiency gassers on the market hold under 100 gallons of water, the name of the game is heat transfer..  I'm sure the wood master has plenty for what you need.  I sell heatmaster and have a 5000e heating 2 large homes and it only holds 130 gallons
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697