Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what's going to happen now with the epa ban  (Read 6506 times)

jayntina

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
what's going to happen now with the epa ban
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »

has anyone heard what Ridgewood company is planning? after this new law? any plans for a new gasser? 

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile
Re: what's going to happen now with the epa ban
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:07:07 PM »

Ridgewood has posted on their website that the EPA ban is on hold for Michigan.......If you live outside of Michigan, call them and ask. They are nice people.
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »

The epa ban isn't on hold anywhere, its the federal law of the land and anyone breaking it will be doing so at their own risk. Some states are taking action to not enforce the federal law, this only impacts enforcement by the state.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

intensedrive

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

So am I understanding this right.  Its like the marijuana law, state might not choose to enforce the law, but year from now the feds could raid Ridgewood and shut them down because they are not in compliance with federal law?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »

You got it and they will be looking for companies to go after to make an example of.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 05:33:36 AM »

All the epa would have to do is file a lawsuit in federal court. At that point the company will either pay a huge fine or pay huge legal fees. Then the question will be does the epa go after all the furnaces that company has sold since the law went into effect? 
 This is completely just a guess but I would think there will be a company or two out there that tries it and figures the money is worth the gamble. They would be half the price of the legal furnaces so you know they would sell like hotcakes.  No real way to know how strict federal enforcement will be. I'm not willing to risk bankruptcy but there have to be some out there who are, we have seen that already in this business.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Vincent Paul

• OWF Model: 7500
  • Whatever you are - be a good one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »

At some freaking point in this country, someone has to take a stand against these intrusions.  I would financially support ( to my abilities ) Ridgewood or any other company that would fight this law.  It can be reversed.  Somebody has to take the fight to them.  I am so disgusted with the EPA.  They just backed down from the "Waters of the USA" law that they were pursuing ( farmers united against them ).  Why can't rural people in this country heat their homes and businesses with wood and coal which we've been using for almost ever?  Come on......................
Stihl 025
Stihl 261
Stihl 361
New Holland TN 75A
Ford F-250 -- V-10
Red Angus cattle & a bunch of chickens

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 04:50:49 PM »

If somehow we all stood up they would have to listen just gotta push back but how do you unite all the people burning wood when probably 1/2 to 3/4 don't have a clue about the new regulations? I'm in though
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

free heat

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ridgewood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »

The whole fricken problem is they realize they can't make any money off us, because we are all burning wood. So much for a free country. Any oil based source of heat our government gets a piece of that money. What they don't realize is most of are harvesting either dead trees or just deadfall in the woods. I'm just sick to my stomach what this means to so many hard working folks, who choose to heat with wood. Eat crap you yuppies in your suits and ties and six digit figure wages. Burning wood for a heat a source has been a part of our country from the beginning. I know we will still be able to buy different stoves in the future if needed, but they sure are trying to make it harder and more expensive for us. They have a plan to make boilers extinct. I also feel sorry for how many people will lose their jobs because the stove manufacturer won't be able to stay in business. From all I have read it' not easy or price friendly to make a stove compliant with the new regulations. It's just sad our rights are being taken away as Americans. Sorry for venting but it's been really bothering me. I am a firm believer this isn't about the epa, but rather about american greed $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Ridgewood 6000
Stihl 039, 290
Fiskars x27

intensedrive

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »

Maybe we should install a wood boiler at EPA head quarters.

When they are nice and cozy and realize the true heat from wood boiler maybe they will change their minds. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:52:33 PM by intensedrive »

Chicken farmer

• OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:25 PM »

Eat crap you yuppies in your suits and ties and six digit figure wages. .

What's wrong with a six digit salary?
30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

Vincent Paul

• OWF Model: 7500
  • Whatever you are - be a good one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

Nothing is wrong with a six or seven digit salary as long as you don't receive it on the backs of taxpayers.  I mean real taxpayers!!!!  The ones that make this country go!  The small business owners, farmers and ranchers who take all of the dang risk and hope it all works out.  We had a calf today in a blinding snowstorm and we've been working our buts off today to keep it going.  It represents profit ( or loss ) to our small farm.  Nothing wrong with high salaries as long as you earn them.  The majority in this country USED to earn their way, not so much anymore.  Can you tell I have a real problem with big government and all that it "offers"?  Leave me the hell alone, I'll make my own way......vpm
Stihl 025
Stihl 261
Stihl 361
New Holland TN 75A
Ford F-250 -- V-10
Red Angus cattle & a bunch of chickens

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 03:01:03 PM »

That's the problem our government has forgotten about the small companies that made this country what it is... Insurance, banks and government are taking it all from us and yes it is greed I agree that they are pissed that we do not buy there fuel so the pockets of these miserable Bastards are not lined with money.. No freedom
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »

Nothing is wrong with a six or seven digit salary as long as you don't receive it on the backs of taxpayers.  I mean real taxpayers!!!!  The ones that make this country go!  The small business owners, farmers and ranchers who take all of the dang risk and hope it all works out.  We had a calf today in a blinding snowstorm and we've been working our buts off today to keep it going.  It represents profit ( or loss ) to our small farm.  Nothing wrong with high salaries as long as you earn them.  The majority in this country USED to earn their way, not so much anymore.  Can you tell I have a real problem with big government and all that it "offers"?  Leave me the hell alone, I'll make my own way......vpm
not to get off subject here but we had a calf born 2 days ago when the temp was -26F. We've been trying to keep her alive since then. Finally got her to nurse from momma today.  Had to bottle feed her for a day. We don't plan to calve this early but it came from a cow we bought last summer and didn't know she was preggo  :-\ I am also disgusted by the EPA and their new rules.  the people in the EPA should have their gas turned off and then I out and try to figure out how to keep their families warm!!
Aitkin, Minnesota

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »

That's the problem our government has forgotten about the small companies that made this country what it is... Insurance, banks and government are taking it all from us and yes it is greed I agree that they are pissed that we do not buy there fuel so the pockets of these miserable Bastards are not lined with money.. No freedom

No they haven't, the IRS knows exactly where to send the collection notices to each of those small companies, they just don't care about their opinions is all as long as the checks keep coming in.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana
Pages: [1] 2