Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chippers  (Read 4102 times)

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P/m
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer
    • View Profile
Chippers
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »

Anyone using a pto chipper. Looking at two different brands 8"from Millwoods and the 10" from wallenstein. Sure seems to be a big price gap between them.  The Millwoods has the hyd in feed price in canada for 3300. Where as the wallenstein with out the auto feed is close to 8000. Anyone using ether of these ?

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
Re: Chippers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 07:28:31 AM »

These are prices from your local dealers or did you find them online?
I have a Wallenstein hydraulic feed Bx62r that I picked up at an auction sale, for more than the woodlands mills you have priced. It had little use before I got it, and I really haven't used it much yet either.
So how much for the Wallenstein BX102RPI, 10 inch hydraulic feed with winch and intellifeed?

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:00:15 AM »

The wallenstein 10" with intell feed 14,500 add winch etc 17,000 that is at my local dealer , there is some wiggle room,but not much  the Millwoods is online no local dealer  plus freight and will have to set up myself & oil. Freight should not be to bad. I realize the Millwoods is Chinese made, but that's a big price gap.  We are wanting to switch to a biomass burner this summer,chipping will be in the yard with seasoned wood. I really want to support north American jobs, but it's a huge price gap.  Vernn

Crow

• Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »

Yikes!
I do see that they do advertise the intellifeed for those who want to do chips for biomass as it will maintain the chipping to a more consistent size.

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »

Yes that  is a bolt on option I think it's 300, it goes on the discharge shoot makes more even size chips, good idea . I have read on the Millwoods some are slowing the feeder down find more even sized chips . The 7" wallenstein base unit no auto feed 5700. Looking at the quote that Millwoods sent with freight and tax 8 " 3990. !!!

Crow

• Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »

I was looking at the woodlands mills chipper originally but the Wallenstein came up at an auction.
The WM unit appeared well built to me, but I thought it was made in Canada. I am not sure how the Wallenstein can be that much more in price?
A neighbor did buy one from another company, Wood Maxx, and I am sure he said it was an offshore unit with optional upgrades for some parts. Don't know how he likes it or if he still has it.
Good luck with a decision. Would they be able to tell you if anyone somewhat near you has one to look at?

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 07:32:40 AM »

I’ve looked at the Wallensteins as well, for a biomass burner I’d definitely get the auto feed and they have a baffle available for better sizing of chips for biomass burners
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Farmer Rob

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 05:12:11 PM »

This might be a not so smart question but are there any chippers where I could put pallet wood through along with other firewood for the same reason (Biomass furnace)

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »

Western Maine

Revx1000

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »

This might be a not so smart question but are there any chippers where I could put pallet wood through along with other firewood for the same reason (Biomass furnace)
Iam going to split my big stuff, season it, then chip it. That way I do not have to dry the chips . Chip and bin it ready for burning if it sized smaller then the chipper it will gp thru it