Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:06:40 AM 
Started by E Yoder - Last post by E Yoder
Our trailer is really short. Not ideal on the road but has been a lifesaver in tight places. Through creeks, 4WD , steep slopes pretty often.
But I like RSI's rig.

on: Today at 08:05:04 AM 
Started by Scratch - Last post by Scratch
I found an easy way to bleed it and now it works.  Hopefully I remember how I did it next time!

on: Today at 04:23:38 AM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by Roger2561
I received the 140 degree snap disk that everyone in the pellet stove forums says is likely the problem.  I changed it out last evening and it ran non-stop all evening.  It's amazing that a $20.00 item can cause so much problems.  After I get the OWB fired up for the season I'm going to tear into this thing and perform a thorough cleaning.  Because it was very clogged with ash dust, I suspect that when I get into it I'll find many more surprises waiting for me.  So far I know the auger bearing will need to be replaced and perhaps I'll need to replace the auger itself.  Heck, even if I have to put a few hundred bucks in it, that's a cheap price to pay for a decent heating unit.  Roger

on: Today at 12:34:06 AM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by heat550
 If you had 100 ft of line in the ground and you were loosing 1 degree . 500x7.5x1=3750 BTUs (7.5 GPM) and your boiler was 50% efficient ( some are more ) . That's over a pound of 20% oak per hour
24 lbs of oak a day . 168 lbs a week  2688 lbs 16 weeks in a Minnesota winter just for the trench. can anyone prove my math wrong ?

So over a 1/2 cord of oak at 20 % Just for trench heat loss .

I think this should be on the notes of testing heat loss specs . and what GPM and what temp there testing it at . I'm seeing lot of smoke and mirrors on trench insulation values .

Heat550 .   

on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:04 PM 
Started by E Yoder - Last post by mlappin
I still like RSI’s trailer, still think I’d go with springs and a true walking tandem, then while driving a few counties over to seal a deal I go too thinking I should make it about 8 foot longer, then pick up a 6x8 enclosed trailer, cut the tongue and axle out from under it then place it right on front of the stove trailer then fill it with tools….

Depending on the weather when I deliver this one, I could if its fit grab the current trailer and load a stove, stuff the gang box full, set it in back of the pick up, then cram whatever else I need in. If its a dreary misty day then just plan on two trips, one to deliver the stove then another back with the enclosed trailer to do the hookup…

It’s only like 39 miles, but you can’t get there from here. Best I’ve been able to do it is an hour and five minutes. Could be looking at a total of 4 hours drive time instead of 2.

on: October 16, 2017, 09:19:22 PM 
Started by FlowerFarm - Last post by mlappin
We are using it to heat our house and two high tunnels.  The placement is in the barn lean-to for access to covered wood, and is much closer to the high tunnels (greenhouses) that it will be heating.  Also, we have to come up behind the house for cellar access.

Ah…I take it the “front” of the house has a crawl space or slab preventing access to the basement? Doesn’t take a lot to get a surprising number of feet in a hurry.

Exactly. And it seems like everyone is recommending sticking to the logstor.  I'm glad this is just a one time expense.

Yah, I bought 250 foot of the stuff when I redid mine.

on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:05 PM 
Started by karlk - Last post by mlappin
You need to use unobtanium, will last longer than the stove, check Ebay.

on: October 16, 2017, 07:46:09 PM 
Started by mlappin - Last post by stmftr
I'm just saying that Milwaukee core rigs are a lot like Ridgid 300 pipe threaders. They have been around for a long time and last quite a while but there are better options out there.

on: October 16, 2017, 07:26:38 PM 
Started by FlowerFarm - Last post by FlowerFarm
We are using it to heat our house and two high tunnels.  The placement is in the barn lean-to for access to covered wood, and is much closer to the high tunnels (greenhouses) that it will be heating.  Also, we have to come up behind the house for cellar access.

Ah…I take it the “front” of the house has a crawl space or slab preventing access to the basement? Doesn’t take a lot to get a surprising number of feet in a hurry.

Exactly. And it seems like everyone is recommending sticking to the logstor.  I'm glad this is just a one time expense.

on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:53 PM 
Started by mlappin - Last post by hoardac
In my experience a clutch is a good thing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10