Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:21:33 PM 
Started by Mr. Maple - Last post by mf40diesel
I have a G200, however my wife and I have the same observation...  seems like. When itís wicked cold, the boiler uses less wood?

on: Today at 01:19:56 PM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by mf40diesel
We are heating almost 3700 ft2 to 68 with about 500 ft2 garage heated to 40. Plus 4 users of DHW, 3 of them heavy users ( bet you can guess whoís not the heaviest user ;).

Fired up Nov 1, so about 2.2 cords of dry but crappy wood.  A lot of poplar. Like a real lot.

This in western Maine, on a very exposed hill, with our great room facing the wind and a huge amount of glass.

on: Today at 01:13:11 PM 
Started by mf40diesel - Last post by mf40diesel
Just an update. The factory was able to send me some bricks....  unfortunately they didnít show till I left. So Iíve asked the wife to be ginger throwing wood in, a real solid chunk of red oak coils surely help the top side crack too!

The factory says they have changed a few things in the way the pour the refractory which they hope will help it last longer. I hope so too. Just barely a year is too short.

Hope it hangs on for a couple more weeks till I get home. Fingers crossed.

on: Today at 10:05:34 AM 
Started by wreckit87 - Last post by wreckit87
Got another call yesterday saying it still wouldn't keep up, so I ended up running back over and throwing a 15-58 in there. Pretty sure it's not going to help though, return temps from the floor were 97 degrees with the Alpha. Dude is plain expecting too much from it, trying to keep it 82 degrees in his office for whatever reason. Guess it worked when he was pumping 180 degree water through the floor but 125 simply won't do it. Perfect instance of foot-in-mouth on my part I guess, should've asked beforehand

on: Today at 09:35:29 AM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by coolidge
Twasnt the night before Christmas in this old house, the only creatures a stirring was two cats and a flying squirrel. Now flying squirrels run rampant in these walls round here, but Christmas came early for the cats that were near.

Eviction notice served!

Sent from my U.S. Cellularģ Smartphone

on: Today at 09:23:27 AM 
Started by woodman - Last post by E Yoder
Trying to figure out their model #'s but this is very useful. Thanks, Honda.

on: December 15, 2017, 10:31:35 PM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by mlappin
Make sure it's tall enough! I have 12ft ceilings in my woodshed and cant dump the trailer  :bash: So I gotta dump it most of the way and just pickaroon every block out anyway. Really stupid on my part

I figure to dump the straight truck on the cement like Iím doing now then keep shoving the wood up as high as I can then run it thru the tumbler later. If your careful and donít spin the tracks a tracked skid steer will climb a pile of split wood to shove it higher yet.

on: December 15, 2017, 09:26:07 PM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by d5knapp
Make sure it's tall enough! I have 12ft ceilings in my woodshed and cant dump the trailer  :bash: So I gotta dump it most of the way and just pickaroon every block out anyway. Really stupid on my part

Man you only want 12 foot you want to go at least 25ft... lolol

on: December 15, 2017, 08:20:50 PM 
Started by MattyNH - Last post by MattyNH
Yes, please post back. Is your aqua therm running under pressure? I know some guys do and some don't. Either way letting it burn down and using a wire brush a bit would tell a lot.
Hope it's some condensation!
Yes it is

on: December 15, 2017, 06:38:17 PM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by coolidge
oh yeah, mr winter is there!!!!! how is the stove holding up in the colder temps??? making it through the night ok??

Making it through about 9 hours, then reload, only have about 3 cord of good dry stuff left, will have to start mixing ASAP.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10