Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Non EPA phase 2 boilers from Canada  (Read 16598 times)

BoilerHouse

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Fire Tube/Water Tube
    • View Profile
Re: Non EPA phase 2 boilers from Canada
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 05:10:05 AM »

Have a great time my friend and keep up the posts, tell us about your trip, pictures would be nice!

Bikini clad babes......and the engine room!
Muskoka, Ont

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »

Hello I'm on a cruise ship and writing this and able to send with high speed Internet as good as at home. Just completed a ship tour found very interesting the kitchen galleries, the laundry control room ,the waste disposal was very interesting, we were shown the glass recycling, the cans compressed, but they burn the food waste card board, toilet waste is dried and burned, the chief sanitation guy told us that was the cleanest thing to do. Another told us they can dump once they are 14 notical mile out ,I suppose  whatever is the most convenient . After wards my family and I were at the  rock climbing wall area ,I noticed some soot then after a little closer look incredibe amount of black soot balls on chairs and deck I was shocked. .. .you need to know that the waste being burned is from 5000 people, its very windy a storm was coming in in fact its raining now, very small percentage was landing on the deck. I just want to agree with previous posts and ask the question why are they picking on my heat source that keeps me warm, some thing very important to us who live in colder climates, we are gathering up carbon nutral wood from our land, or supporting the local economy purchasing a very renewable resource. As posted earlier we are only using our hydronic heaters from October to may, compared to the millions of cars ,thousands of cruise ship, yachts, jets, all going to and froe ,most not of great importance ,Yet some are after your right to burn wood we realize we need to burn smart and with consideration of  neighbors ,were is the common sense in this? Where is the fareness,is it we are easy targets? ??When you think about it the two to five thousand the average guy saves and the independent is very important to his family.

Well, it's not about clean air, it's about power, control and revenue generation. Make the regulations strict enough on OWB's and they'll get expensive enough the average person won't be able to afford one, therefore they'll stick to gas, oil, or electric heat which all can be taxed in one way or another.

If it was really about clean air you'd see another cash for clunkers program to get some of the older vehicles off the road that pollute more and get lower mileage.

If it was really about clean air the government would be subsidizing LED's so they'd be cheaper than either incandescent or fluorescents.

If it was really about clean air we'd have an environmental tax on all the crap that comes from China that is manufactured there in factories that don't meet our clean air standards.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »

:post:
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 02:43:16 AM »

That's why they want to get their hands on the internet so they can tax the crap out it.
installed in 2014

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »

so  after 3 pages ...have we figured out .."who the hell they are"...and  how come were going down this road ??????    this chit is getting  old......

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »

so  after 3 pages ...have we figured out .."who the hell they are"...and  how come were going down this road ??????    this chit is getting  old......

Any elected official, whether it be local, state or federal.

From John Dalberg-Acton, the 1st Baron Acton: Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

:post:
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 08:15:49 AM »

I am on the other side of the line from KK, my vehicles must be tested every two years. Doesn't matter if I drive them 25,000 miles /yr (our Liberty) or 1000miles /yr, (my old pickup)
Our bylaw officer (who wants a building permit when we install an OWB), tells me he will get a court order to stop burning and levy a fine which goes in with our taxes if he does not approve of an OWB. His regs for installation make no sense to local OWB salespeople or P&M.
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...
Pages: 1 2 [3]