Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thermostatic valve needed?  (Read 1554 times)

Gunpowder

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL6048
    • View Profile
Thermostatic valve needed?
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:48:11 AM »

CB says yes for warranty. My OWB was bought slightly used so no warranty but CB's requirement is reportedly to reduce sweat on the boiler that can induce rusting if the fire goes out.

My dealer says he never installs them on his. The previous owner never installed it. It was still hanging on the screw under the boiler where it is placed in shipping.

Seems everyone is using them. But it does incur an install cost of (2) 1/4 turn valves, 2

water boiler spigots (I assume to test troubleshoot if it becomes inoperable). (2) T pipe fittings, etc. if installed as pictureds on CB sheets.

Thoughts?

3pt Speeco splitter
2016 22 Ton Iron & Oak V/H splitter
Stihl MS362 C-M, 036
IH574, MF65

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Thermostatic valve needed?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »

I know sweating in a mild steel furnace is not good. When the fire is out the moisture content in the wood may not be there, but if a stove is struggling to keep up, colder spots in the will collect moisture coming out of the wood. Have noticed doors and door jambs are collection spots. Keeping these warmer should help. I'm not a CB expert but I think it would give the furnace a chance to recover quicker and keep temps higher.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole