Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dealer Meeting...  (Read 11683 times)

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
Re: Dealer Meeting...
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 05:43:00 AM »

Must be the thing to do on here when oil is below $50/barrel and dealers are slow its open season on each other. Does not look very professional for anyone that visits this site or is seaking info. 
Some on this site consider me a fly by night dealer and it is true. I have full time Job as a diesel tech yes. So if that qualifies me as that so be it. I don't care. you have your opinion keep it to yourself.
  We do 9-10 shows a summer. Talk to  hundreds of people.  Some just need help with a heat issue or  are interested how the gasification takes place. I explain it to everyone. Some think the OWF is outlawed.
Well when I researched OWF. I did not look at all of them but I looked at a lot of them. It took me  about 18 months to finally find the Heatmaster product line. So I bought a G-200. Bob Hunt told me Heatmaster is looking for dealers. After using it four months I was impressed enough I started inquire into becoming a dealer. Why? It was a form of heat I believe in ,self-sufficient, individualism , freedom from oil.
With seven other dealers with different brands in my emediate area of NY I knew it wasn't going to be easy. If I could sell five a year I would be happy. But  First year out ,selling  Nine furnaces. With that I want to thank my customers who went out on a limb and trusted in me and the product. These reasons make me brand loyal to Heatmaster
    Every dollar of it  reinvested into product. Not counting the G-400 I took to MAine. As of 1/1/2017 we sold four stoves done and set up.  Thus Setting the stage with 4 G-100  7 G-200 1 G-400 stock all paid for. Two of the 100 have deposits. Two of the 200s have deposits.
   A customer I sold a 200 to last year called Me and said I need another furnace. I said what happened to yours. He said oh no. I need one for my son. His empire stove  is leaking. He also said his daughter has the same stove. So that will be another one gone shortly, possibly two down the road.
 So not too shabby for this fly by night.
  Every manufacture out there has there problems. When a worker goes on vacation for a week and someone fills in they may miss something the other guy did. Simple as that.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:07:28 AM by Smokeless »
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »

:post:
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »

Now who would consider YOU as fly by night Ben? Certainly not the guy who stood by you and fronted you stoves against the wishes of the Friesen family, oh that's me isn't it?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »

Vacation for a week, is that how they are explaining what happened to me, WOW and you believe it huh, kind of like they say that EVERY boiler is pressure tested before it's loaded, somebody PLEASE explain to me the leak that we had to fix on NEILS boiler then.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »

Vacation for a week, is that how they are explaining what happened to me, WOW and you believe it huh, kind of like they say that EVERY boiler is pressure tested before it's loaded, somebody PLEASE explain to me the leak that we had to fix on NEILS boiler then.

He never said you did. When a worker goes on vacation as in at the factory.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 06:24:55 AM »

I am not a dealer but I am going to chime in. Slimjim when you sold me my boiler you had nothing but praise for Heatmaster and their products and how good they treated their customers when things went south. I have been on the forum for sometime you always helped people. Even if they had another boiler type and that was part of the reason I went with the brand your were touting. There are other dealers closer but you treated me good when I bought my pipe a few years ago. You also treated almost everyone with a civil and helpful attitude. So I realize you are having some issues right now God knows life is full of them. So when I keep reading your posts and they are very negative towards Heatmaster it seems so out of place for you and makes me wonder if I made the right decision. From the performance of the boiler after the fix I believe it was the right one, but as it was said in an earlier comment it looks bad for someone wanting to buy a new boiler. I am sorry you and the Heatmaster people could not work out a peaceful resolution. But maybe turning people away from this brand of boiler might be hurting some people that are still dealers of Heatmaster. And as you and I discussed word of mouth in this industry is a big part of it. While you may not think it is any big deal to bad mouth them. I think you fail to realize how many people here value your input on this forum and pay attention to your comments. If anyone thinks this post is inappropriate then I will or you can delete it.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 06:35:18 AM »

Ok, damage is done, you know it's interesting how after the years of being on here how quickly folks forget that I say how I honestly feel, perhaps if the shoe were on the other foot then it might be a different song sung, for those of you that are HeatMaster dealers, you can't say I didn't warn you, for those who dont want to hear how they have treated me since January 1 then you have got your wish, somebody Please show me a single instance of me lying to any of you as HeatMaster has done to me!! The point is they cost us all in the long run

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »

Ok, damage is done, you know it's interesting how after the years of being on here how quickly folks forget that I say how I honestly feel, perhaps if the shoe were on the other foot then it might be a different song sung, for those of you that are HeatMaster dealers, you can't say I didn't warn you, for those who dont want to hear how they have treated me since January 1 then you have got your wish, somebody Please show me a single instance of me lying to any of you as HeatMaster has done to me!! The point is they cost us all in the long run

It’s not that I think your lying, I just try not to form an opinion till I’ve heard both sides of the story. But, whatever did happen seems totally out of character from the people I’ve meet from corporate at the dealer meetings.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 02:37:08 AM »

Well Marty, you met them as salespeople, you spent some time with them as sales people, perhaps a week with them even? How many years have we been on here promoting outdoor wood boilers? Sometimes on the same corporate team and sometimes not! How many times have you ever heard me speak badly of any manufacturer until now? Does that not peak your interest? does it not make the hair stand up on the back of your neck? It's tough times in the heating business right now, every manufacturer has had to cut back but some of the stuff these folks have put me through since the first of the year have simply been uncalled for, did I mention that my wife just last week had a stress related heart attack due to this crap? I will be very happy the day that I sell off my last HeatMaster G 200 and can get back to a normal lifestyle without the worry that another kick in the teeth is coming from the very folks that I invested in so heavily. Again for those who wish to invest in these people, do so at your own risk, I have warned you!

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »

Does that not peak your interest?

Of course it does.

does it not make the hair stand up on the back of your neck?

No not really, not until I’ve heard both sides.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »

Does that not peak your interest?

Of course it does.

does it not make the hair stand up on the back of your neck?

No not really, not until I’ve heard both sides.

I’ve worked as security in my younger days when the local tavern had bands, I’ve learned what one side says tells the tavern owner in the morning, then what the other side  tells the tavern owner in the morning  rarely is what really happened.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:44 AM »

We are not talking about a bunch of drunks at a tavern, we should be talking about how investors are treated when the going gets tough, first comes the dealers being singled out then the customers, I would ask you to go back to Neal's first thread regarding his brand new boiler and see how he felt about it!

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »

We are not talking about a bunch of drunks at a tavern, we should be talking about how investors are treated when the going gets tough, first comes the dealers being singled out then the customers, I would ask you to go back to Neal's first thread regarding his brand new boiler and see how he felt about it!

I paid close attention to that thread just like all the others.

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she’s well asap. My wife has been a cardiac patient since birth, three open heart surgeries with hopefully the last in 2010, if another valve needs changed hopefully they can do that without opening her up again. She should know better, but she in a right proper tizzy as her favorite cousin is flying in on the 3rd of June for a visit, they way she’s been acting you’d think he’s bringing the queen mum with him. She takes her blood pressure three times a day and logs it, I can go back in her log and pick the days out that she’s gotten in a tizzy over something else she wants done before Kevin arrives. It’s not good for us guys when the better halves are under the weather for any reason.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:35:07 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]